Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WHO WANTS PIE !

I know I haven’t posted anything in a very long while.  I find with Blogging I have to be in the ‘mood’.  And obviously I haven’t had that mood strike me for awhile.

So this leaves me in a position of whether or not I should start from where I am now and work my way back – OR – start from where I left off.

I’m actually slowly heading North at this time but seeing as it’s still far too early I decided to pull in somewhere for a few days.

So this post actually took place waaaaaay back in JANUARY !!

This year in Quartzsite I discovered Sweet Darlene’s PIES – YUMMY !!  And trust me, MANY a pie was consumed during my stay there.

This day I invited BARBARA, KIM and JEANNE over to my spot for pie and of course ice cream.

01

02

03

04

05

06

Pie & Ice Cream was consumed by all – it is sooooooo good !

07

Barbara made sure she wasn’t leaving a drop of ice cream on that plate !!  Much to Bennie’s dismay as you can see.

14

08

09

10

Then we all went outside to enjoy the gorgeous Arizona sunshine and ‘attempt’ to get a group picture.  Now this required taxing my poor OLD brain as I had to figure out how to set the timer on my camera.

Several attempts had to be made as BARBARA got into a laughing fit and just couldn’t stop !  LOL

11

12

13

FINALLY a reasonably decent picture was taken.

15

Good food and good people !  What more can a person ask for !!

6 comments:

  1. The term 'and a good time was had by all' truly does fit here & especially with pie & ice cream leading the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now thats sounds like a perfect way to celebrate a sunny Arizona afternoon !
    Good food, good friends and good weather = perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're making plans to share a pie with Paul in the not too distant future. And I can guarantee he and Jim will have ice cream with it. Safe travels dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was fun! Thanks for the hospitality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That day was so much fun, just reading about it and seeing the photos got me laughing again. You guys are such good friends. Travel safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures of your good times made me laugh and I would rather have pie than a birthday cake any time.

    ReplyDelete