Sunday, February 8, 2015

FOOD–FOOD–AND MORE FOOD

Yup,  I’m STILL in Quartzsite !!  I’m going into my FIFTH week here.  Think this has been the longest consecutive time I’ve stayed here…….or any place for that matter….at least during the Winter month.  But why move when I’m perfectly content here.

I will be moving back to Yuma sometime later this week though and before you know it, it will be time to start heading North….UGH !!

I did another ‘test’ of my tanks.  Three weeks has always been my timing but recently I tested it and went 26 days.  At that point I didn’t want to push it any further.

This time I decided to do another ‘test’ and went FOUR FULL WEEKS !  Gotta like that !

During my time here I met with a couple of other solo RV women for lunch etc.

I first met Barbara back in November, 2011 and blogged about it HERE.  As I was pulling into her campsite she took this pic.  I love it !

I have been following KIM'S BLOG since Day One and yet had never met her “in person”.  Came close to it two years ago when she came to Q for the first time.  But that was the year I got very sick so our planned meeting never took place.

I met JEANNE when I stopped in Leasburg Dam State Park on my way West last Fall.  I blogged about that HERE.

And at our first lunch out I met NANCY for the first time.

Our first lunch was at Sweet Darlene’s – I like it there, the food is good.  Barbara was the only one who remembered to take her camera so therefore she is not in this pic.

05

L – R – Nancy, Jeanne, Me, Kim

Another time we decided to go out for Brunch.  Mountain Quail Cafe serves breakfast all day and I had never been there before.  Food was great !!

01

02

03

Barbara was too hungry to wait for a picture of her ‘full’ meal !!  LOL

04

This time we asked the waitress to take our pic so that all of us could get in it.

HI HO SILVER AWAAAAY !!!

And then there was PIE !  But I’ll save that for another post.

8 comments:

  1. Amazing how food is always the glue that brings us together with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, now I'm hungry for breakfast.... Wasn't that good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a fun lunch, and then the brunch, too. Great group of ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good friends and good food gotta love it.
    The picture of you on your blue Harley is Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all that food! Where'd you put it all? However, it certainly is a lot of fun to go out with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems to me that's all you ever do......aren't you at about 12 pies, that's over two a week. Not that I am counting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you have ing fun in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. D....is that computer not fixed ???????

    ReplyDelete