Monday, February 2, 2015

A RIDE TO PARKER DAM

Yup,  I’m still in Quartzsite.  Been over three weeks now.  Apparently “I” haven’t told “ME” it’s time to leave yet.  Still nicely content here.

Joe & Tara were here for almost two weeks and during that time we took a ride to Parker Dam.  Joe’s Sister (Eve) was visiting from British Columbia so she and Tara drove behind us in the car.

01

I don’t like the ride from Q to Parker – done it numerous times and it’s quite boring and definitely not scenic.

14

My throttle must have gotten stuck (hehehehe) and Joe had trouble keeping up with me !  We left Eve & Tara in the dust and therefore had to pull over before entering Parker for them to catch up.

15

02

But once you get to Parker and after it’s a gorgeous ride.

03

We stopped at this area to enjoy the view and let the dogs have a wander.

04

What a great spot this is for a short ride, bring your lunch and sit back and read a book for the afternoon.  I must remember that for next year.

05

06

Joe’s Sister Eve…..

07

08

Just had to take this picture even though it’s something that you would have to see in person as the picture simply cannot capture it – don’t know how deep the water is but it was crystal clear !!

09

And look what we saw as we continued our ride !!

10

We simply had to pull over for a visit.

12

Gorgeous scenery !

13

The other side of the Dam as we were leaving.

11

Oh, for my “Northern Friends” don’t forget…….this is in January !! 

11 comments:

  1. Yes we know it's January and you are enjoying some awesome weather, love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the number of times we've been in Parker we never did get out to see that dam. Don't figure eh. And geeezzzzzz I didn't know Harley's went that fast:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn! We're gonna have to go see the dam before we leave Q. We really enjoyed our day in Parker--Jim got a nice buzz cut & I discovered Basha's Grocery--what a nice store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos - and you got to see WILD BURROS! How very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice around the dam. I do like Parker and I especially like the Colorado River and those four-legged creatures that hang around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those burros. Except when they bray next to your rig during the night. We really haven't ever explored the dam area - need to do that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you also notice that it isn't open 24/7?

    ReplyDelete
  8. If the you that talks to you is still in Q tomorrow we're planning on heading that way and would love to catch up.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yes I'll be here tomorrow. I'm seeing if I can out do my previous record of 26 days before having to do the tanks. I'm only at 24 days. LOL

      Shoot me an e-mail when you get here.

      Delete
  9. Yep, the route from Parker to Q is really boring! But, I think on a Harley, it would be a bit more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I grew up 60 miles from Parker (on the California side) and had friends who lived at Gene Camp (MWD) near the dam. Camping in their back yard one night we woke up to 5 or 6 burros nosing our sleeping bags - they looked much bigger back then!! I bet that road is more fun on the Harley too :-)

    ReplyDelete