Sunday, January 11, 2015

MEANWHILE BACK IN YUMA

I arrived back in Quartzsite yesterday and was really looking forward to getting back here.

Things are in (almost) full swing here.  The flags are flying; the balloons are flying; LOTS of people here; all the vendors are open now and the Big Tent is even up – although that doesn’t open until next weekend.

Meanwhile, back in Yuma I spent three weeks at the Pilot Knob LTVA.  This spot is turning out to be my favourite place.

Can you see my rig ??

01

Normally I go waaaaay in the back and it is so peaceful and quiet there.  Can’t hear the trains or Interstate traffic noise at all.

02

This time I decided to go more in the middle and that worked out very well also.  Never get tired of those sunsets !!

03

While I was at Pilot Knob DIANNE & TOM; CAROL & STEVE; TINA & JEFF were over on Ogilby Rd. in one section and JEAN & SKIP in another part.

The following picture is the first three couples set-up.  Isn’t the picture just amazing.  Well it was taken by a PROFESSIONAL photographer who is Carol.  Dianne now has it as her header photo and I don’t blame her.

04I dropped by to visit them one day and Dianne asked me to drop something off over to Jean.  When I stopped by there they told me that none other than the VERY FAMOUS BAYFIELD BUNCH were parked just up the road.  WELL I simply HAD to swing by for a quick hello.

Bennie and Pheebs meet for the first time !

01

A little beep beep on the horn and out comes Al – as always WITH HIS CAMERA !!

02

Nice seeing them again – even if for a few minutes.  First time I meet them “in person” was just last year and I blogged about it HERE.

03

Maybe next year I’ll run into them again and actually sit down for a few minutes and talk to them !!

Despite the smile on my face in the following picture I do believe I was saying something like “Will you put away that f’ing camera !!”  LOL

04

Jean, Skip and I spent some time going to the various markets that are in Yuma and one day to Algodones – didn’t buy a thing there !!

7 comments:

  1. We love the Pilot knob area too, we were supposed to back there in February for another couple weeks, but guess it was not meant to be.
    An will really miss the Q , always look so forward to the people, vendors and atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet things are really starting to pop around Q. You just never know who you're going to meet. I'm guessing Al took all those pictures of YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure - we come to down and you head north. lol See ya next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, our 2 brief encounters have been fast & furious alright but that's what has made them so interestingly memorable. Sooner or later we'll cross paths again & lasso the whirlwind long enough to have us real good old fashioned RV head banger:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Canyon Vista neighbors are leaving for the 'Q' tomorrow. It is going get very, very busy ther....but it seems to suit you and your friends. I sense a lot of social gatherings in you immediate future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you still in Q? I'm at La Posa West now. You and Bennie should come by. Or ... have you thought about going to BloggerFest? It's on Saturday 1/24 1:30 - 3:30 on Plomosa Rd. Exact location TBD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kim, Yup still in Q. I'll definitely be at the BloggerFest !

    ReplyDelete