Friday, December 19, 2014

SCENES AROUND Q

Yup,  It’s that time of year when it’s very cool or even (GASP !) COLD in the mornings.  And my little guy’s whole body just shakes.  MOM TO THE RESCUE !!!  I heat up his cushion and then get him on it.  He doesn’t move for hours !!

01

The ‘crowds’ are not here yet in Q but still certainly a lot of people around.  One day BARBARA and I went out for Lunch and she suggested Sweet Darlene’s.  I had never been there.  Boy was the food good – and the HOMEMADE desserts even better.

01

02

I want to try the Cod Fish Fry some Friday.  I’m sure it’s not going to be as good as the Cod me Mudder cooks that’s straight from the Atlantic Ocean but we’ll see.

03

This year I can actually DRIVE around the LTVA’s to look at the different set-ups.

Christmas (BAHHHH HUMBUG) is definitely in the air.  And yes, they can have all of these lights out while boondocking if they have adequate solar.

01

02

I bet it’s very pretty all lite up at night – but I won’t be doing that because I’d never find my way back home !!

05

Now this is a first even for me.  Never saw someone living in their BOAT in the DESERT no less but that is exactly what these Folks are doing.

03

And these Folks are LIVING in their tent for the Season.  Lots of tents around.

04

Had to get up on the roof to clean my solar panels so took this shot of Rita/Pat’s group across the wash from where I am.

03

Zoomed in for a better view…

04

05

Wait a minute !  Who are these IDIOTS who pulled in right behind me !!!????  Jeeze,  like the desert isn’t BIG enough that they couldn’t find a spot farther away !!

06

Well, whoever they are they have a dog just like my Bennie.  The dogs approach each other cautiously- like maybe they’ve met before ???

08

AND it looks like they are going to stay awhile ??  BUT at least they have SOLAR !!  So I guess they can’t be all that bad ??

06

AND they are not only fellow riders – but they ride the Harley Davidson Heritage Softail same as me.  Hmmm,  maybe I might be liking these Folks after all ??

02

Will have to save the rest of my ‘observations’ of these RV’ers for my next post.

4 comments:

  1. Well, it'll be interesting how you get along with these new folks especially when they dared to enter your territory. They do have some of the things you require for getting close though ... a dog, solar and bikes. I think they're going to be part of your "in" crowd for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They must known you was a great person to get that close to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pics! I'm not going to make it to Q this year. Or any place warm and snow free. I'll be living vicariously through every one else. And hoping winter doesn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you discovered Sweet Darlene's. That's my favorite restaurant in Q. Not fast service but tasty food at reasonable prices.

    I wonder if those neighbors moved in because they read your blog so wanted to be near you?

    ReplyDelete