Thursday, November 6, 2014

I MADE IT TO YUMA !!

I went from Ontario, Canada through Michigan – Indiana – Illinois – Missouri – Oklahoma – Texas – New Mexico and finally reached Arizona.  This was by far the nicest sign I saw……

02

I left Ontario on October 10th and arrived in Yuma on November 4th.

Here are my stats:

MILES DRIVEN

Since leaving the area of Hamilton, Ontario to arriving at my destination in Yuma I drove 2,602 Miles – that’s 4,187 KM’S for my Northern friends.

According to Google Maps, had I driven via their route – no detours etc. – it would have been 2,353 Miles or 3,787 KM’S.  So it appears I drove only 249 Miles extra.  That’s pretty good.

The first detour was crossing the Border at Sarnia, Ontario – whereas Google Maps wanted me to go through Detroit = NOT !!

The other slight detour was stopping in Nappanee, IN to get that work done on the ramp door.

So overall I think I did pretty good staying on track.

GAS COSTS – PART 1

I spent a total of $1,650.31 CDN dollars in gas.  That’s about $1,426 in US dollars. This dollar amount includes starting with a full tank of gas and ending with a full tank of gas.

GAS COSTS – PART 2

On this trip across the Country, it cost as low as $2.67 a Gallon to a high of $3.16 a Gallon.

CAMPGROUND FEES

I spent a total of $79.00 – I include in this category ‘dump fees’, which cost me $15.00 at a Park in Canada before I got on the road.

This amount also includes the fees paid while staying at Leasburg State Park and one night at Lee’s Park in Deming.

So for 25 days on the road, that’s would average out to be $3.16 a day !!  LOL

OTHER COSTS

WARMTH – SUNSHINE – NO SNOW ===== PRICELESS !!!

And of course the BEST NEWS is that I managed to stay out of ditches !!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay ya made it, warm weather, and sunshine safe and sound. We should be in Arizona about the 25th, the slow down our travelling a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Yuma! I have been here almost two weeks now, and am waiting for my electric scooter. Once that arrives, I will be headed to Q! (If it ever gets here) I hadn't planned on staying this long, but it is what it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I'm glad you stayed out of those ditches! We're slowing down on this trip too. Normally we're in a race with ourselves but not so this time. It's a few days here and a week here, a week there, 3 weeks here and finally .... Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrads Sassy!! My motto is that any trip without an accident is a really good trip! I drive a 35 foot MH when I'm out doing a "walkabout". It's a bit different than taking out a Class B. LOL :-)

    I'm really enjoying reading your blog again! Happy Trails & best wishes!

    Larry M from the NW

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you got your back ramp fixed and your best pal the HD is along to take those sunny rides all winter.... LOL

    ReplyDelete