This is the mess they were…
But they worked so that was the main thing !!
But I wasn’t happy with all that joining so I stopped at an Auto Parts place and got a new 15 ft. length of the wire. This way I will have plenty of slack so that when I have to make a sharp turn the next time there will be plenty of wire to handle the turn.
Even though I don’t have the proper gizmo ( I actually did in my previous life !! ) to cut off the rubber part I managed quite fine.
Got one end all done…..
And now onto the other end. I would have preferred to have the new length of wire go right back to the tail lights so that there would be no joining here – but that is beyond my capabilities.
Got that done and before I did anything else I pulled the car behind the rig to make sure everything worked. Yup, SUCCESS !!
So then I put more electrical tape on all four wires – on both ends - to keep them together.
JIM would be so proud of me !!
Oh My – The excitement in my life is so off ‘da charts I can barely stand it !!