Saturday, November 8, 2014

HAD TO TIDY UP THOSE WIRES

This is the mess they were…

01

But they worked so that was the main thing !!

But I wasn’t happy with all that joining so I stopped at an Auto Parts place and got a new 15 ft. length of the wire.  This way I will have plenty of slack so that when I have to make a sharp turn the next time there will be plenty of wire to handle the turn.

Even though I don’t have the proper gizmo ( I actually did in my previous life !! ) to cut off the rubber part I managed quite fine.

02

Got one end all done…..

03

And now onto the other end.  I would have preferred to have the new length of wire go right back to the tail lights so that there would be no joining here – but that is beyond my capabilities.

04

Got that done and before I did anything else I pulled the car behind the rig to make sure everything worked.  Yup, SUCCESS !!

So then I put more electrical tape on all four wires – on both ends - to keep them together.

05

JIM would be so proud of me !!

Oh My – The excitement in my life is so off ‘da charts I can barely stand it !!  Winking smile

6 comments:

  1. You did a great job. Looks a lot like some of the stuff Jim has done. Sure wish your previous commenter would hurry up and find himself a non-American women who would keep him too busy to keep posting this nonsense on our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I see that same comment now on almost every Blog I read. I delete it as soon as I see it !!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to delete my beginning comment about that awful comment by some nut hiding behind a keyboard. You have learned to be so resourceful and that is great I had said, have you used shrink wrap before? Great product to put over those wires instead of tape and will stay

      Delete