Wednesday, November 12, 2014

FOUR YEARS–EXPENSE REPORT

RV03

On November 3, 2014 I celebrated (well I didn’t actually ‘celebrate’ LOL) FOUR FULL YEARS as a full time RV’er.  Who woulda thunk it !!???

So I’m beginning now my 5th year.

I keep track of all my expenses – like any good ex-finance person would.

I wrote about my first years expenses HERE

My second year HERE

My third year HERE

RV04

Here now are the numbers for 4 years:

GAS

I now have spent a total of $25,243.92 in gas (for the RV only) in those four years.  That is an average of $525.92 per month.  This average will decrease over the coming months as I just spent $1,650.31 driving from Ontario, Canada to Yuma, AZ.

However, overall, I really don’t see getting that monthly average down much more due to the distance I have to travel back and forth to Canada.

YEAR ONE – AVERAGE WAS $ 661.16

YEAR TWO – AVERAGE WAS $ 679.15 (that was the year I drove all the way back to NL)

YEAR THREE – AVERAGE WAS $ 571.75

RV01

CAMPGROUND FEES

That total has come in at $11,050.74 – meaning an average of $230.22 per month.  Remember, I include any ‘dump’ costs in that figure when I’m boondocking and I’ve also included the cost of my solar, batteries etc.

YEAR ONE – AVERAGE WAS $ 311.36

YEAR TWO – AVERAGE WAS $ 224.84

YEAR THREE – AVERAGE WAS $ 270.59

In my report last year I said I wanted the total of these two main expenses to not exceed $1,000 per month and as you can see at an average of $842.34 I’m way under. “

After the fourth year that monthly average is now down to $756.14.

RV02

PROPANE

A total of $2265.16 – A monthly average of $47.19.

RV05

LAUNDRY

A total of $655.17 – a Monthly average of $13.65.

Boring stuff I know.  But I like to keep a record of these things.  Plus it might help any wanna be RV’er who might be reading this.

13 comments:

  1. Nice tracking of your expenses. You manage very very well. Wow!!! Four years already! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you expenses are pretty close to ours as well. It is a very affordable lifestyle and certainly a lot more fun than living in a house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The price of fuel can sure make those figures jump up and down. Sometimes we're lucky with it and other times not so much but that we can't do much about. We can with campground fees but yours are way lower than ours. Of course, we know the reason for your lower fees. It's called boondocking more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd bet this year will be less because gas prices are down - hopefully it will stay that way throughout the season until you get back home. Good job tracking your expenses. I do the same thing - thank goodness for Excel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent!! Congrats on going into your 5th year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all is well, I've just finally read up on all your latest entries since leaving Ontario.....have a great winter in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you keep your laundry prices so low? I find most laundries charge around $2 a load plus about the same for dryers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, instead of changing underwear every day....all she has to do is turn them inside out and get 2 days out of em and that saves right there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting. And I love your cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time flies when you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder how much is the cost one month of such life including all expenses ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gas and campground fees are the two biggest no doubt.

      Delete