Thursday, October 30, 2014

UNLOADING THE BIKE

Over the years there have been MANY pictures and even videos taken of me unloading my bike from the ‘garage’.  But never so many in a sequence !!

For those of you that know Ms. Barbara – well she NEVER is without her camera.

IMG_5255

The ramps I had made to ‘soften’ the slope really work well.  Yes, There’s more work with putting the bike in and taking it out, however, with these extra ramps it is much, much safer.

I don’t know what Newmar was thinking when they made such a STEEP ramp !!

Slow and steady is the key here.  My ‘girl’ is one heavy sucker so I’m always extra cautious.

OH,  For my Northern friends you will notice the GORGEOUS background and sunny skies !!

Checking to make sure I’m semi-centred.

Almost there….

And you will notice that I’m still flat footed – something that was NOT achievable with the existing ramp due to the sharp slope.

Just another few inches…..

And she’s off the ramp and on solid ground !  Another successful landing !!

IMG_5262

Oh Joy Oh Bliss !!

I’m really enjoying my time here at Leasburg Dam State Park.  It is quite beautiful.  Jeanne and Holly have gone on to explore other parts.  So it’s just Barbara and I.  Plus there’s Folks coming and going all the time.

Using this ‘wait’ time to get some maintenance items done but it’s still pretty hot here so if anything is going to get done it has to be done in the morning.

13 comments:

  1. I think NEWMAR never thought of unloading bikes, but rather using the garage for ATVs which, you must admit, are much more common than transporting Harleys. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sweet ramp setup. I'm very impressed. Hoping we get to cross paths again this winter.
    Nina (Wheelingit)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nina, Sure hope we do cross paths again this Winter. Maybe you'll be able to figure out why I can't comment on your Blog ?? I'm following Jeanne Blog now also and she uses WordPress and I can't comment there either ??

      Delete
  3. The good thing is you've had plenty practice getting that bike in and out. We'd expect nothing less than a perfect unload from you each and every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wish there was a way you could drive down the ramp.....forward motion. Would that be easier or am I just using wishful, unsafe thinking. We are in Las Vegas and I took a Harley photo just for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, No way to ride it down. Brainstormed that possibly every which way.

      Delete
    2. Sassy, Google "Motorcycle Turntable". A lady I met years ago had one in her very narrow garage. If your bike is not longer than the inside of your RV it would work.

      Delete
    3. Nancy, Sure do appreciate any and all suggestion. Did explore that turntable option it wouldn't work in my situation. Something to do with the length of the bike and the width of the garage which is made narrower due to the housing for the chains that are used for the bunk beds in there.

      Delete
  5. All right you have the warm weather, sun shine, your Harley and the door is fixed. Gotta love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still in Yuma, comfortably parked in a driveway with all the modern conveniences. :) Will be here until my scooter arrives (10 to 14 days according to the salesman). Then I have to figure out how to transport it. But once that is done, I will be headed to Q. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're getting a new scooter ! Yippeeee !! Jeanne let me take hers for a spin around the Park. They are sooooo much fun !!!

      Delete
  7. Watching you unload and load the bike is pretty amazing. I enjoyed the commentary, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you..all grown up! I remember a time when someone needed someone else's help with backing up that bike. You've come a long way! Congrats. BTW, does the ramp extension require any assembly or is it just light weight?

    ReplyDelete