Saturday, October 11, 2014

TALK ABOUT A BREEZE !!!

 

US BORDER CROSSING

01

What is it about crossing the Border into the United States that always makes me so nervous – and I think many Canadians are like me and breath a sign of relief when they give us the “GO”.

I mean JEEZE, it’s not like I’m a criminal or anything.  Heck,  I don’t even have an outstanding speeding or parking ticket !  And I sure as heck make sure I don’t have anything onboard that I’m not supposed to !!

BUT THEY DID LET ME BACK IN !!  YIPPPEEEEEE !!

I was more nervous that usual this time because GEORGE sent me THIS ARTICLE and it talks about completing a Form 8840 – which I’ve never done before.

But this time crossing had to be the easiest yet.  He asked so few questions and off I went.  I don’t think I was stopped more than 30 seconds.

Next stop tomorrow is Nappanee, IN where I have an appointment for Monday at the Newmar Factory to have the Ramp Door fixed.  More about that later…..perhaps.  Suffice is to say that the bike is NOT in the Toy Hauler.

Good thing I allow myself plenty of time to get to where I’m going.  I was on the phone last night for hours trying to get through to Verizon to get my WiFi set-up.  There was a problem and they couldn’t figure it out.  They suggested I stop at a Verizon Store to see if they could figure it out.

Look what I had to drive by to get to that Verizon store….

02

I thought I’d pop in there after I finished with Verizon as I have not been to that particular one before.  Ya, Like I need another t-shirt !!!

Well that didn’t happen as I was at the Verizon store for about TWO HOURS – SERIOUSLY !!!  Nobody there could figure out why my activation would not take.  They were also on the phone with Verizon Tech Support and everyone was puzzled.

And then suddenly – for no obvious reason – I was able to get online ??  Go figure !  And all has been working well since.

13 comments:

  1. Yippee Skippy - back in the USA. But I'm sorry you couldn't bring your bike with you. Good thing you got your little tow behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TSK TSK TSK Sandie, You know me better than that. The bike will eventually join me. I'll try and write a Blog Post tonight about the RAMP DOOR SAGA !!

      Delete
  2. Glad you could get on line. When does the bike get there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, now ya got me all worried that you didn't bring your bike with you....!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Rod - this gal ain't goin' nowhere without her bike !!!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the repair. What happened to your Bike?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't get it in the hauler due to the door problems - but it's on its way.

      Delete
  5. I' rather visit the dentist than go to a Verizon store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy you are back on the road and posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Went to the Verizon store here in Moab and the problem was fixed, but they did it. If I ever have the same situation, I still will not know how to fix it myself. I'd rather call the tech support. I imagine all the button pushing that tech support did finally went through. Happened to me once.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure hope the shop you are going to will fix your ramp door so that you are trouble free from here going forward. What a pain! The inconvenience of having to have your Harley follow later is a pain too, no doubt.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete