Sunday, April 27, 2014

TRYING TO STAY WARM

One thing I’ve always liked about Southern Ontario is the Spring weather.  This year is an exception though – they had an unusually brutal Winter and Spring doesn’t seem to want to visit quite yet.

Bennie is pretty smart though when it comes to finding a warm spot.

03

I’ve settled in quite comfortably in my Boondocking spot just outside of Hamilton, Ontario.  My ‘Hosts’ are just about the nicest people you’d ever want to meet.  I’ve gotten to know them a bit over the last weeks and have really enjoyed their company.  They seem to know the perfect mix of being very friendly and quite accommodating while not being invasive.  I couldn’t have asked for better.

The property I am on is a HUGE nursery now in its FOURTH generation of being ‘family owned & operated’.  Isn’t that wonderful !

I was given a tour one day and found it immensely interesting.  So much now is automated that once was all done manually.  But still there’s a lot left that just needs to be done ‘by hand’.

I left the tour with this gorgeous plant……well I ‘might’ have hinted that I would love to have one !!  LOL

01

Doesn’t it look lovely on my front dash.

02

Lots of rabbits running around here which I find delightful to watch.  BUT they do leave little mounds of ‘turds’ around – and Bennie thinks they are treats !!!  So I have to watch him carefully in order to stop him from eating them.  YUCK !!

03

With all this cold weather I’m spending a fortune in propane.  Can’t even tell you how many times I’ve filled my BBQ tanks – I use that to refill those little propane canisters for my Mr. Heater(s).

Such a smart guy my Bennie is.

04

It was too cold to even open the window to take this picture – but I sure enjoyed watching them.

01

Another rabbit….

02

I’ve been fortunate to have received five positive responses from the Boondockers Welcome website for longer stays.  This website was originally set up to accommodate folks for an overnight or two – however, naturally it is up to the individual property Owner.

03

Each time I’m out and about I’m always looking for a place to boondock for a longer stay.  Ultimately I’d love to find a place whereby I could settle in for the Summer and not have to move every couple of weeks.  If anyone has any suggestions in that regard please feel free to let me know.

Other than that, I have just been living my life.  I try to cross at least one thing off my “TO DO” list each day – but for some reason that lists doesn’t seem to be getting any shorter !!  LOL

01

13 comments:

  1. That Bennie is no fool. He sure know exactly where to find the warmest spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have a "host couple" for my stay here. Unfortunately it's not gonna happen. Banff is National Park surrounded and they have just no space anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems you are presently well settled. Spring should roll out soon.....we hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry things haven't warmed up there yet. I guess the whole country is experiencing a similarly stalled spring. I did get out for my first highway ride yesterday and today I washed the ST... Foggy and cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "bunny treats" hahaha... Luci like "deer treats" too!! oooo yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even make a list. It would be too discouraging. We seem to have our share of bunnies around here too. Not too concerned about the "bunny treats" though, since I guess they must be leaving them in the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are nice and warm here in the sun and out of the wind. Our Mr. Heater is hooked to our coach propane tank, and lasts a very long time for us.
    If we here of a spot will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your plant but hate cold weather! Hopefully, it'll warm up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to hear you are doing well! And yes, that is a beautiful plant. Begonias I think. My mom had a lot of them. Bennie is such a smart little guy - Katie does the same thing. If there's a smidgen of sunshine, she finds it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there... summer's coming :) Like the plant, and good that Bennie finds the warm spots. Hope you find a great place to hang out for the summer. It's cold here in Wyoming, but the sun is bright and the sky is blue. Some wind, but that helps blow the snow away... hope to get into our campground before too long. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahaha...love your header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bunny treats, yes, Molly thinks so too. Extra vitamins.....
    Same thing here, it will not warm up yet. :((

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here I am....get your bike out and ride, we're havin decent weather!!

    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete