Monday, February 10, 2014

YUP, I’M STILL IN Q

Well it appears, once again, I am waaaaay behind on my Blogging.  So I’m gonna try and catch up in one post.

I think this is the longest consecutive time I’ve spent in Q – actually anywhere really – well except for last Summer in B.C.  I’m closing in on my 4th week here with no signs of leaving anytime within the next two weeks.

Still waiting on packages to arrive – and other ‘things’……

BARBARA is now off to other parts but while we were both here in Quartzsite we managed to get a couple of visits in.

I went to see her one day and as usual she has to take the obligatory picture of me arriving.  That day was filling the water jugs also.

04

I didn’t have Bennie with me – because of the water jugs - so little Katie got all the attention.

05

Barbara wanted to show me the new tilts she got for her solar panels. While I was up on her roof I took another short video to try and capture what it is like here in Q.  This video was taken AFTER the “BIG TENT” event when the crowds had gone.

Another day she came by my site as I wanted to show her how to raise/lower her solar panels without needing help from others.

Denise showing me how to lower my panels

Bennie and Katie get along quite well but don’t ‘play’ together.

02

They were too busy ‘investigating’ the ground !!

03

With everything else going on I only got to do about 3 Rows of the Vendors.  I was quite intrigued by these….

01

They are motorized wheelchairs !!!

02

I can TOTALLY see me on one of these – well that’s YEARS away yet – I hope !!

01

02

Hey JERI !  I even got a pic of that saucy guy with the signs when he wasn’t looking !!  LOL

03

More scenes around the boondocking areas…

01

02

I got to meet the fabulous GEORGE & SUZIE YATES !  I knew they were close to JEAN & SKIP so I dropped by for a visit.

Here they are coming over to meet ..

01

George blogged about it HERE and took a ton of pictures and sent them to me.

P1010228

Unfortunately our time was limited as I had several errands to do in Town that were important.

P1010232

But we did have a great time chatting and I’m sure I’ll be seeing them again next year – or even earlier than that as they live in Ontario.

BTW,  That’s my laundry on the back of the bike – which never got done that day or the next day !!  LOL

P1010237

Hi-Ho Silver Away !!!

P1010238

01

14 comments:

  1. Not sure when you could fit in things like laundry. No time for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see this year's photos of you I marvel how good you look. So glad you are healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nan ! I won't forget last year's illness for a very long time !!

      Delete
  3. Busy, busy, busy. I would think the dust is a whole lot less since so many folks have moved out. We just had a rig move in behind us here in the park that just came in from Q. They were excited about getting hook ups again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as you're enjoying what you're doing, that's what counts. I bet if you hang around Quarzsite too much longer, you might be just about the only one there. Even the vendors leave after a certain period of time. I wish that sign guy knew he had folks take pictures of him and his shop. In addition to not being nice, he wouldn't be a happy camper either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! :)

    I can see me on one of those motorized wheelchairs NOW. I guess they probably don't go very fast, though. Very cool looking.

    Laundry is about the last thing I want to do, except maybe vacuuming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I remember that sign guy grumbling at me a few years back when I took a picture of his set up while passing by.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun there in the Q as things wind down.
    It was really fantastic finally meeting you to, We really enjoyed the short visit we had hope that we can do it again soon for a longer time.
    Travel safe wherever you go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one busy social bug! One month at the Q shows just how quickly time flies when you are having fun. No wonder you have little time to blog! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sassy, been reading your blog for awhile and love your travels. Love your bike and had to show my daughter yours cause she just got her a Harley Sportster. Funny, now when I talk to her she is asking how's Sassy and Bennie ...where r they at now? Hope to see u down the road sometime. Be safe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laundry, schmaundry ... Who needs clean clothes anyway! Looks like you guys got to meet a lot of people while in the Q.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog. Your's and RV Sue's blogs are great reads. Of course, no blogger can keep up with RV Sue!! LOL Like you, I have a MH. I carry a Honda Rebel on the back of it. Next winter I may winter in AZ, so I enjoy reading about the boondocking there. I have had a problem with dust, so I have been avoiding going there. I did that once in 2003, and ended up having to wheeze (breathe) through a wet paper towel. When the wind blows, the dust flys! Thanks again for you blogging! Larry M from the NW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK D....it's great that you are having a good time BUT you mentioned a couple post back that you had another SURPRISE to talk about and asked a certain person to staY mom......I AM WAITING......maybe your getting MARRIED.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh GAWD Bob - you wouldn't wish THAT on me !! And here I thought we were friends ??

    There have been some 'delays' but soon - very soon !!

    ReplyDelete