Sunday, February 23, 2014

THINGS BOUGHT AT Q

HEY !!  Guess where I am now !!!

I know !  I know !  You’re not going to believe it !!

YUP, Still in Q. grrrrrr

I’ve been here now almost SIX WEEKS !!

Waiting…..Waiting……Waiting…..

Getting antsy now to move on but can’t ----- gotta wait…..for at least another week for sure.

Now I have MANY fine qualities – although MANY would disagree with that – but PATIENCE is not one of them !!

Guess I’m feeling in a rut right now.

Nothing even to Blog about ‘cause I’ve been doin’ NUTTIN’ !!  So let’s see, what did I BUY this year.

Arriving in Arizona this year I knew I didn’t need a thing !  Nope !!  Over the last 3+ years I now have gotten everything I need and want to enjoy this lifestyle to the maximum.

Yet…..

So here what I bought this year.

NEW CHAPS

CHAPS

Last time I was home riding with that saucy Gerard – he made a snarky remark that it might be time for me to get new chaps.  There were holes in my old ones and I can’t even tell you how old they were.

AROUND THE FIRE JACKET

JACKET

I was wanting a nice comfortable WARM jacket for sitting around the campfires at night.  Found exactly what I wanted at one of the Q Vendors.  She wanted $28.00 plus Tax for it.  I said “Plus Tax ??”  looking very dumbfounded. hehehe  I didn’t pay any tax.

LOUNGE CHAIR SIDE TABLE

SIDE TABLE

02

I already have these for my lounge chair but at 2 for $10.00 I like to pick up a couple of extra ones each year to give to the Folks back home.

NEW SEWER HOSE

02

I realized that all last Spring, Summer, and Fall – while I was at  HARRISON RIVER RV PARK my sewer hose was sitting outside (like it’s supposed to) in the Sun all day.  Hmmmmm  Surely that has compromised the plastic (or whatever it’s made of).  AND I wasn’t taking any chances with that !!

STOVE TOP GRILL

My old one was getting pretty awful looking.

01

04

02

Stove Top looks much nicer and cleaner now.

TIRE MONITORING SYSTEM

01

Seeing as I realized early in the year that I had NOTHING I HAD to get this year, I figured I would get one of those Tire Monitoring Systems.  Of course, I let the young one NINA do all the research and face all the crowds at the Big Tent until she decided which one they were going to buy.  Then I just bought the same one.  Works for me.

A short little video of it in action….

A NEW VACUUM

01

Now this was a waste of money as it’s quite useless.  First of all they wanted $80.00 for it if you paid cash – or $88.00 if you were going to use your Credit Card.  I paid cash.

Why is it that these things seem to work wonderfully and have lots of suction power then they are demonstrating them ???  And you get them home and they are useless !!  Oh well.

HARLEY BAG

HARLEY BAG

OK, So I REALLY needed this bag.  NOT !!  I must have at least 1/2 dozen of these sorts of bags – not with HD logo on it though.  She wanted $12.00 plus tax for it – I got it for $10.00 NO tax.

VALVE STEM EXTENSIONS

VALVE STEM EXTENDERS

I thought I needed these for when I installed my Tire Monitoring System.  Turns out I didn’t AND good thing ‘cause they won’t fit on my rig.  grrrrrr

There’s other things, I’m sure, but I’ve just forgotten about them.

And the BIGGEST purchase was…………..

14 comments:

  1. Lots of great things to spend money on in Quartzsite.
    Still waiting for the announcement of that big purchase. Its been a while.
    Keep enjoying that great weather there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that tire monitoring system is an excellent thing & I've been trying to convince the Boss we absolutely need that. A blow-out on our way here in New Mexico might have been averted. Love our Rhino-Flex hose. A hose blow-out 2 years ago sent me scrambling pretty fast for a new hose!! Love my lined flannel shirts as well & those chair tables look like a great idea...............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Al, They had a pretty good price at the RV Show for the Tire Monitoring. You might still be able to get it. I have the contact info if you want it. You could e-mail them.

      Delete
  3. Great post! Love the fireside jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sass...what r u wating for...doe sit have anything to do with that thingy ya showed me when we skyped a while back???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, ya know, Q isn't a bad place to be - as long as the weather and wind are good. I like all your new things - too bad about the vacuum. Yeah, funny how they all work when demonstrated. Keep it in the box and bring it back next year. Tell the demonstrator you won't make a big LOUD deal of how the thing doesn't work if they'll give you your money back. I did that once at a car dealership in San Jose, CA - with a used car, and it worked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep meaning to ask you - did you keep the backup camera? I'm sure glad you decided you didn't need to buy ANYthing this year. Can you imagine what you'd have if you decided to buy things? lol Q wouldn't be a bad place to sit and relax and enjoy doing nothing for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandie, Yes, I did keep that backup camera. Just don't know yet how I'm going to use it ??

      Delete
  7. I hope it's big and shiney and costs lots of money!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Byron, I know what your thinking. I wish !!! That's certainly not in the budget unless I win the lottery !!

      Delete
  8. At least your enjoying yourself with all that shopping. I just can't believe you're still sitting in "Q" !!! Really? You're really still there? I would be crawling up the walls by now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "And the BIGGEST purchase was………….."

    I think you bought ATV !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, now I cannot wait for the next post, but they way your are going I may have to wait until March.

    ReplyDelete