Sunday, January 26, 2014

THE POTLUCK

JERI (and others) of the Class-less Class of the Escapee Group organized a Potluck one evening.  The purpose of which was to honour Lee – a long time Member of Escapees and the longest full-timer in the Group.

03

We all signed this plaque she had made up for him.  I think he was very pleased.

04

And once again, for my Northern friends, check out the beautiful sky and another perfect day here in the Paradise I call Arizona.

05

I took a couple of short videos as Jeri was reading to Lee what had been written.

 

 

There were over 30 people there – some I’ve met before – others I met for the first time.

01

What a fun and relaxing time it was.

02

THE FOOD – OH THE FOOD !!

Nobody left hungry that’s for sure.

06

07

08

09

10

Then it was decided that a Group picture was in order.  AND we had a PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER in our Group.

She sure had her work cut out for her trying to get this Group organized !!

I took the following two pics while she was waiting for the sun to go down or at least behind a cloud (what cloud !!?? LOL) in order to get a proper picture.

11

12

I tried to help all the squinting by holding up a piece of cardboard to shield them from the sun.

a=00jan22a-2_thumb[2]

I told them donations were accepted but nary a penny I got for all my hard work !!

ajan22a-3_thumb

p.s. I totally STOLE those two pics from Jeri’s Blog – don’t tell her !!

Finally the conditions were PERFECT and the picture was taken.

CAROL'S PIC

Isn’t it a great picture !!  THANKS CAROL !!

Then came the roaring camp fire.

13

And for our further amusement came the lighting of…..hmmmmm, don’t even know what to call it.  Some kind of hot air thingie.

14

They let it go and up to the sky it floated.

15

16

Just another great day in Quartzsite.

4 comments:

  1. Sure was a good time. Lee is in Deming now but I really think he enjoyed his party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was a good time. I think he was a little surprised but he had fun and so did we. I still say you're such a cut-up!! Folks are moving on now so the fun has to be someplace else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! From what you've told me about Lee, the party in his honor was well deserved. But darn, I still didn't get to meet him. Next year...

    That's a really nice photo of you all, your professional got you all herded into a good formation - I'm just surprised you all stayed in place until the photo was snapped. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and what a time it was, such a time, indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete