Thursday, December 26, 2013

STILL HANGIN’ IN BORREGO SPRINGS

Bennie and I take a short little stroll each day – my poor little guy is so dirty now he just melts into the colour of the sand.

01

He likes to dally though ensuring ALL the bushes are watered.  But then he realizes that Mom is far ahead.

“Wait for me Mom !!”

02

Every Friday morning there is a Farmer’s Market here.  Jean, Skip and I went once.  I had already stocked up so didn’t need anything.  And it’s a good thing I didn’t need eggs – at $8.00 a dozen I don’t think so !!!

01

02

Skip relaxing enjoying a late afternoon fire.

04

Jean/Skip have THREE dogs they travel with.  Jeeze, I’m hard pressed having to handle one.  But Sophie and Louie are really cute and play well together.

05

Took this short little video to TORTURE my Northern riding friends.  Gerard you still stalking me ???

Rode my bike from here to Brawley to meet up with my friend Lee for lunch.  That’s about a 130 Mile/209KM round trip.

04

Lee took a fall in his rig recently so I wanted to see for myself that he was recovering well.

01

Will I ever tire of these sunsets ?  NOT !!

05

06

Here’s another one….

01A

8 comments:

  1. Bennie is such a cutie. $8 a dozen??? - Not for us. Glad you got to check out Lee for us. We worry about him. How could you ever get tired of AZ sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Sandie! That is a California sunset....Anza Borrego, Borrego Springs, CA!

      Delete
  2. Awesome views in Borrego Springs country. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What were they? Extra extra large, brown, free range virgin chicken eggs? Geez.

    I love the photo of your shadow riding the bike. Really cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Borrego Springs desert was the first place we stayed when we started full-timing. We miss it. We camped out near Clarks dry lake (something like that). We had the fatboy chopper with us and enjoyed a lot of great rides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot decide which is better. Is it Q or is it Borrego Springs and Clark Dry Lake

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you went to see Lee. Glad to see you both looking so well. Wish I could see you all next month but I'll be back in Minnesota then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are well here over the mountain west of you, but have surely missed the wide-open spaces we left behind with you, and those sunrises and sunsets! BTW... funny thing about the eggs at $8.00 a dozen... she was asking $20.00 for a flat of 24 eggs! Is that California math??? Go figure! Be well, and we look forward to seeing you in Yuma!

    ReplyDelete