Monday, December 30, 2013

BORREGO SPRINGS WRAP UP

I was betwixed and between about going to Borrego Springs – mostly because of the distance from where I was – 260 Miles/418KMS round trip.  And of course that means extra $$$$ in my gas expense.

This Spring will see me travelling across the Country so of course that will be BIG $$$$ in gas money – and there are those gorgeous CHROME wheels I really NEED for the bike !!

But I’m sure glad I did go.  I loved it there and really enjoyed spending time with JEAN & SKIP; running into TOM & DIANNE whom I met briefly last year at Q; and meeting PAUL & NINA.  Only had two brief chats with Nina as she flew off to France to spend Christmas with her Family.  But Paul and I had a couple of lovely chats. What a sweetie he is !!!  You just wanna pinch his cheeks he’s so damn cute !!  LOL

08A

This is Clark Dry Lake that we explored one day…

04

This picture I got off the Internet…

10

Was this once really a Lake – as the name implies ??

05

06

Jean, Skip and I enjoyed several late afternoon fires….

02

Ivan drops by to visit for a few minutes.

03

LOVE talking to other RV’ers – particularly full-timers.  Always learning new stuff.  It was forecasted to be very windy one day.  Naturally, the awning comes in and if it’s really, really bad I bring my slides in also so that the toppers don’t tear.

Well that makes for very close living quarters so I only do that when absolutely necessary.

Then I noticed Paul tying a rope over his awning topper and securing it underneath.

07

Hmmmm.  Got chatting with him about it and it was something another RV’er told him so now I’ll be getting myself a very long length of rope and will be doing the same thing the next windy day.

Tom & Dianne hosted a campfire one evening with some of their friends and invited us along.

04

03

The beautiful sunset reflecting off the mountains as the sun was setting.

01

02

Paul comes back just in time to help me with setting up the ramps – but more importantly Bennie & Polly get some play time before I leave.

02

I am absolutely amazed with this as Bennie has grown afraid of larger dogs since he’s gotten older.

04

03

He’s even not too fussy about smaller dogs now especially if they are high energy.  He wouldn’t go near little Sophie & Louie and even took a snap at Sophie one day when she got too close.

“Mom, Can Polly come live with us ??”

01

So there ends my almost three weeks in Borrego Springs and it is a place where I would definitely go back to.

12 comments:

  1. Wow - I envy you the wide open spaces and the camp fires.

    Bennie's looking very dapper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure sounds like you had a great time and met some nice folks too. What's not to like about that. Safe travels to your next stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures. We will go there after Yuma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are living the life. It doesn't get any better than what you are experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim also throws a rope over our slide covers in the wind. Sure cuts down on the noise. I'm glad you went to Borrego Springs. I think you had a fantastic time and that's what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy seeing pictures of Borrego Springs. The big mountains, the wide sweeping vistas, sunrises, sunsets. Yes it's a place where one will always be drawn back to.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise, Judy and I just want to wish you a great New Year and stay healthy!! I'm still lookin, so maybe one day....love to you and Benny!!
    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete
  8. How I miss the open desert! I am sure I got infected with the "desert-bug" and I am afraid it is a non curable disease! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tip about putting a rope around the topper. I don't have slides, but I'll bet that most people with slides would love that one. Bennie is so cute with Polly. There must be something about her that he really likes. Fun to watch! We have that same Aspen Glow on the eastern mountains here, too. It's beautiful, sometimes prettier than the sunset.

    I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at Borrego Springs. Things are really nice here, too - it will be quite a bit more crowded than when you left. Be ready to hear generators at night, though - you might want to get some earplugs. Some of these people coming just for the show have pretty loud portable generators. Even to ME! But I have noise in The Palms - audiobooks, TV, radio, etc., so it's not too bad. Since you are so quiet at home, the ear plugs might help?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Denise! Sounds like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New year to you both. May 2014 hold many great adventures four you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw shucks I love the round-up! It was great to meet you out here even if just for a short time....and I know what you mean about wanting to pinch Paul's cheeks haha. Love the shots of the doggies too!
    Nina (on Paul's account)

    ReplyDelete