Friday, November 15, 2013

LOVE AMAZON SHOPPING

This is a sun RISE Folks – I don’t get to see many of those.

01

OK FINE !  I did realize that I had gotten up far too early that day and did end up going back to bed for another while.Open-mouthed smile

Now about AMAZON…..

I mean Amazon.com NOT Amazon.ca.  I wondered why I only shop on Amazon when I’m in the States.

Is it because when I’m in Canada I don’t think of it ?

Or maybe because the .ca website just doesn’t have the great selection that the .com site has ?

Or maybe it is because the prices are different ??

WELL, here is the answer to the last question.

A set of Solar Rope Lights (100) on Amazon.com sells for $31.06…..

http://www.amazon.com/Flipo-Solar-Rope-Light-White/dp/B005OPR4ZA/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1384370050&sr=8-8&keywords=solar+rope+lights

And yet the IDENTICAL set on Amazon.ca sells for $80.60 !!!

http://www.amazon.ca/Flipo-Solar-Rope-Light-White/dp/B005OPR4ZA/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1384370064&sr=8-7&keywords=solar+rope+lights

Make no wonder Canadians try and make their purchases once across the Border !!

NOTE: If you’re gonna order anything on Amazon why not go through BARBARA'S BLOG and click on the link from there.  That way she gets a few pennies from the sale to go towards her gas expense.

Once I arrived in Quartzsite – and got an address for mailing – I ordered a few things:

First up was another one of those Motion Sensor Lights.  I bought one here last year at Discount Solar (for the front door) for $60.00 plus tax.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this light.

I has an LED Bulb included (and we all know how expensive they are !!) so no drain on your batteries; you don’t have to worry about if you’ve turned the light on or off; and (for me) it’s a MAJOR security feature.

02

With shipping included it came to $52.50 !!!  This was the price tag right on the box.  So I saved $10.00+ by going through Amazon.

01

I installed it yesterday – with some help from a Neighbour.  I took a gazillion pictures as I was removing the old one to ensure I knew what wires went where.  I was at it for HOURS !!

But it was this little doo-jigger that I had trouble with.  I simply could not get the new wire in and crimped.  I guess my hands just don’t work that way.  Now if JIM or TERRY were here I know they would have made quick work out of this little job.

07A

But thanks to a Neighbour it is now wired and I was able to finish the installation – which included having to drill two new holes in the rig.

All I have to do now is put some caulking around it.

02

I like the black one much better on my rig than the white one…

03

The light over the front door….

04

I also ordered a bottle of this cleaner for the bike’s windshield.  Even WITH shipping it was cheaper than what I pay for it at the HD dealer.

03

Also needed a new cover for the bike.  In the big wind storm we had while I was in Overton, NV, my old (very cheap) cover got destroyed.  This one is a much better quality.

05

And it even comes with hooks that you can attach under the bike so the cover doesn’t blow off.  I won’t be bothering with that though.

06

AND it even came with a cable and lock !!  No, I won’t be bothering with that either.  But I’m thinking this cable and lock will come in handy for something else.

04

Those of you that know me well know that I have a BIG PHOBIA !!  And NO we are not talking about it !!  So if there’s anything I can do or buy to deter UNWANTED GUESTS into my rig I’ll be doing and buying it !!

BARBARA told me about this Product – I ordered SEVERAL boxes !!

06

Noticed solar rope lights UNDER JEAN & SKIP'S rig and asked about it.  They told me it was another deterrent for ‘Henry’s’ so I ordered TWO sets !!

05

And that is the end of my Amazon shopping.  My Credit Card is starting to melt !!!  LOL

8 comments:

  1. Love shopping on Amazon.com and only wished we lived in the USA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon and I are really great friends. What did we do before we had Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazon knows me well too! Every little gadget I can think I might need is usually there and much cheaper than local stores. Looks like you've been opening your Christmas presents early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the fresh cab too. Not sure if it works yet but sure smells good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are getting to be quite the handy woman. Amazon is amazing. with their delivery, so quick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting the link to my blog site and Amazon.com link! You are right, every little bit helps!! And thanks for ordering through my site, too - you're a good friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shopping is fun, getting the goods is even more fun! The light looks good there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sass; Glad to hear you're season down South is going so well. I had one last ride today, about 400kms around the Cape Shore loop. Even went out to St. Mary's bird sanctuary. Salt is on the asphalt now though so time to store the bikes :(

    ReplyDelete