Tuesday, November 5, 2013

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS

At 8:30AM it was a bone chilling 55F/13C – and that was AFTER the sun came up to warm things up a bit.

Once I got settled in here at Q, the first order of business was to clean the bike as best I could.  That WIND STORM we had while in Overton, NV sure did a number on the bike. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it that bad. 

The windshield and saddlebags had to come off.  Sure LOVE the look of the bike without them – but it’s just not practical.

What it needed was a good power wash but can’t do that while boondocking so I got most of the dirt and dust off.

01

Even found sand in the saddlebags.

02

This is Bennie’s water dish that I keep in the saddlebags – yes, that’s sand !

03

Love this guys flag set-up.  Wouldn’t want to have to put it together though.

04

A sunset through the cactus – doesn’t the cactus look like it’s giving me ‘da finger !!

05

06

Bennie and I took a little stroll.  Can you see me way down there ?

07

No ?  Well can you see me now ??

08

Surely you can see me now !!

09

I took a little scoot into Parker yesterday to get a few supplies – carefully watching the speed limit.  Didn’t want a repeat of LAST YEAR when I got a frikkin’ speeding ticket !!

10

6 comments:

  1. Looks like Q is pretty empty yet. And dust in the saddle (bag) is life in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I wanted to see was the Heritage and I saw it.....PERFECT!! Happy that you are finally settling away for the winter, get out there and ride. I was out yesterday, but it was a wee bit cooler than your temperature....+5 when I left and probably +10 when I got back. Putting the girl away in a week or so. Ride safe Sassy and have fun!!

    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely was windy. We collected our share of sand too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful on your bike! Some idiot in a Dodge p/u turned onto Hwy 60 at dark with his lights off and a local lady traveling north from Surprise with her beloved Harley never had a chance. My hubby and I are full-time in our motorhome and are parked near Wickenburg. I follow your blog through the Bayfield Bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos of your RV spot . The Harley is looking good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cleaning a bike is a tough task. Picture of sunset through cactus looks great.

    ReplyDelete