Tuesday, October 8, 2013

T MINUS…..ONE WEEK !!

He is comfortable I suppose ???

07

I had hoped to be able to stay back in Canada until the end of October, thereby giving me more time at the Spring end of the Season.

Nope, That’s not gonna happen.  I’ve now set my departure date at October 15th.   That’s right after the Thanksgiving Long Weekend here in Canada.

So one week today I FINALLY can hit the road again.

But as usual Mr. Murphy shows up and suddenly I have no water coming out of the taps !!  Even though I can, I have not hooked up to the city water here. I continue to fill the tank as needed. One day I turn on the tap and for a second or two the water came out with normal pressure but quickly reduced to a dribble.

I post my problem on one of the RV Websites and several possible reasons for this were posted by the people that know everything about RV’s.

The most repeated suggested reason for this was a clogged line going to the water pump.  Well I do know I have a water pump – but where it was located I didn’t have a clue !!  AND even if it were sitting on my lap I wouldn’t know what it looked like.

SUPERJOE to the rescue again.  He quickly found out where the water pump was…

07

and took off the hose attached to it to see it was FULL of gunk and and cleaned it.

10

03

04Once he put it back on we tried the water again and VOILA’ back to a normal water flow.  He then showed me how to remove it and put it back on so this is something I now have on my regular maintenance items to do.

The other problem – although not a show stopper by any means – was yet ANOTHER broken string on those damn blinds !!  How many is this now that I have re-string ???  4 or 5 at least.  And while I do know how to re-string them now it is still a BITCH to do.  Got that fixed also.

The last couple of days have been very pleasant weather wise so that has restored my sanity somewhat. But THE RAINS started again which makes the time very long for me.

Stephanie & Franco (regulars here at the Park) had a bunch of us over for dinner at their place the other night.  What a feast !!  I believe there we 8 of us but she had enough food for 40 for sure.

We sat back for several house after dinner just shooting the breeze and enjoying a warm fire.  It gets COLD now when that sun goes down.

02

01

06

14 comments:

  1. You gotta love that Bennie. He sure does know how to relax. Glad your water problem was not too hard a fix. Always has to be something that doesn't go right. Love the clouds in that last picture. Oh - by the way, we have a couple of busted strings at our house too. Hint, hint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandie, I've re-strung so many of those damn blinds now I should be able to do them blindfolded !! LOL

      Delete
  2. It's chilly in the morning. I'll be glad when it warms up a bit. However, we have to get a little farther south for that to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeri, It's FREEZING in the mornings !! My poor little Bennie just shivers.

      Delete
  3. How nice to find a good neighbour who could lend a hand to help solve your water pressure problem.

    Good luck with your drive back to the US southwest. Although we did not make it out your way this summer, there is always next summer, should you choose to return to that great RV park on the river.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the thing why I would dread to be on my own. Always something you don't know how to fix.
    It's cooling down here as well, but we don't have that much rain. At least not here along the coast.
    Have a safe travel when you start out again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love an easy fix? Bennie always looks so cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you considered a filter on your hose between your water source and the m.h.? John has one that filters the water prior to entering the tank and then we have another at the kitchen sink.

    Bennie is just one laid back cool dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan, There already is a water filter that filters the water prior to entering the tank.

      Delete
    2. Which she didn't change for 2 years! Think that might have been part of the problem? :)

      Delete
  7. Bennie is so funny, don't you just love the way they lay down half-in, half-out of their beds?

    Do you use a water filter? One of the blue filters that attach to your hose before the water comes into the cabin would catch some of the gunk. Maybe most of it? I'm not sure. You can get them at Wal-Mart or Camping World. I would think a lot of gunk is getting into your water tank, laying on the bottom, or you are drinking it if there was enough to stop up your pipes. Getting a 2-pack of those water filters every six months would be a lot easier than cleaning out the pipes.

    I can feel your excitement at getting ready to leave. Today is overcast, a little windy, and it's going to be 79F here in Quartzsite, according to my weather app.

    I like it when the weather changes. I was checking the weather in various places from now until April 15, and San Diego had an almost constant 64F-65F for months. I was so bored with the weather there when I lived in North San Diego. I used to pray for rain! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I know those blue filters you mentioned. The rig has a filter built in and as I never 'drink' the water from the taps I figured that was enough.

      Delete
  8. First, why don't you use city water? AND...we have discovered that Home Depot (at least here in the states) has blinds (both single layers and day/night shades) WITHOUT strings. How they stay up is a mystery but they are perfect. How much you say? Our dining room one, 38 x 72 inches was $68.00. That's less than Camping World.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Toni, Just didn't bother I guess - wanted to keep my boondocking skills sharp. LOL

    ReplyDelete