There are really only a couple of routes to take when heading South.
The Coast is a gorgeous way of course. I tried that route back in the Spring of 2011 and was driven out of there by the cold and rain. See HERE
Another reason for not taking the Coast route (for me) is that there is NO boondocking available anywhere. Not one of the Wally’s will allow O/N parking so I would have to pull into a Campground/State Park every night. That equals $$$$$.
The second choice of routes is the I-5. Certainly the most direct and popular way to go. I’ve done it now several times back and forth. Lots of Rest Stops; Major Gas Stations; Walmarts etc. etc. to pull into. But the road conditions – once you hit California – are terrible. Yes, On this major Interstate. PLUS, The gas prices are much, much higher. From the research I’ve done the gas prices is CA are on average 30 – 40 cents a gallon higher.
I read on NINA'S BLOG recently that they like to take Highway 395 going South. I looked at that Route but it appears to be far too desolate for my liking.
Bennie is all groomed now and a handsome little boy he is. The Groomer said he was excellent to work with and I’m not surprised.
He sure was desperate for a hair cut – look at all that hair on the table. I had to make sure he didn’t see me or I know he’d start to fuss.
It’s COLD COLD COLD now and hasn’t stopped raining for days and days. Gotta keep my little guy warm….
Yes, He’s in there somewhere !!
On Saturday Tara & Joe were going to an RV Show in Abbotsford and invited me along. I wasn’t going to go but I’m sure glad I did. We had a great time looking at all the rigs.
We walked through a LOT of rigs but I gotta say only two really impressed me. They were the Newmar Dutch Star and the Road Warrior 410 5th Wheel. The RW we went back to look at a second time because Tara & Joe were very interested in it. Right now they have a 5th Wheel but it’s not a toy hauler and therefore they cannot take Joe’s gorgeous Harley South with them. It is one gorgeous 5th Wheel Toy Hauler for sure. Wonder if they will buy it ???
I was hoping to hold back here until closer to the end of October – the benefit to that is that I would not have to be back in Canada next Spring until the end of April.
That’s not going to happen. I’m all ready to go NOW but will hold back until somewhere around the middle of October.
I hope the flu shots are available before I leave. I neglected that last year and ended up getting sick – really sick last Winter.