Wednesday, October 16, 2013

GOOD-BYE WASHINGTON

Short post tonight and not even one picture !!

I didn’t sleep well last night for exactly the reason Linda mentioned in the Comments of yesterday’s post.  I figured someone would come knocking on my door in the middle of the night and scare ‘da CRAP outta me.

I even considered sleeping, fully clothed, on the couch.

I ended up waking up very early and was on the road by 9:00AM – that’s VERY early for me.  My original goal was to reach Yakima, WA and when I did it was still very early in the afternoon.

So I proceeded on and arrived in Hermiston, OR to a gorgeous 67F/19C and SUN SUN SUN.  My solar is loving it.  I drove 244 Miles today – that’s a LOT for me to drive in one day.

It was a picture perfect driving day with good road conditions and wonderful weather.  I’m really enjoying this route.

6 comments:

  1. The one and only time we ever slept in a Wal*Mart lot, I had a devil of a time feeling at ease. It was a Memorial Day long weekend, and we were just "gettin' outta Dodge" so to speak, so we had no need to book a site for the whole weekend. Stopped at 11:30, slept fitfully on the couch for a bit, then got into bed but then we were on the road again by 6:30. Maybe we'll do it again one day in better circumstances like, going in the store and talking to the Manager? Of course, we'd have to buy the RV first....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, I O/N at Walmarts all the time when I'm going from Point A to Point B. Always feel very comfortable. Last night there were about 6 rigs in the lot so that always helps at lot for comfort level.

      Delete
  2. We've stayed at a few Wal-marts. Some even have security. We've even stayed at one with signs up saying they didn't allow RV parking. However, the manager said it was fine for one night. I think what they didn't allow was homesteaders. We've seen a few Wal-mart homesteaders too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeri, I always like the ones with Security the best. And I've also seen the homesteaders......don't like that.

      Delete
  3. We don't mind staying at Walmarts but like you we definitely like the ones with security the best. 244 miles is a long long day - even ten miles longer than our long day.Hope you're having good weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stay a lot at Walmarts when on the road but I like Cracker Barrel, too. CB's spots aren't real long but they are more than enough for my little rig. They close up and go home, though, and I'm usually the only one there so those of you who like company wouldn't be comfortable there.

    ReplyDelete