Friday, August 9, 2013

ANOTHER EXPENSE REPORT

I did my first Expense Report HERE showing my expenses after One Year on the road.

My second Expense Report is HERE and that one reflected 26 Months of living the Full-Time RV Lifestyle.

Figured it’s time now to do another one.  This one reflects a time period of 33 Months.

Total Gas is now at $19,413.46.  That amount divided by 33 is a monthly average of $588.29.  This amount is now looking MUCH better. My goal is to get it to average $500 per month.  I’d be very happy with that.

The first year it was an average of $661.16 per month.  That year I did a whole lot more moving around than I do now.  And at 26 Months it was an average of $679.15 per month.  The increase was due to driving from Arizona to St. John’s, NL.

Campground Fees are now totalled at $9,156.39.  That amount divided by 33 months is an average of $277.47 per month.  In the ‘campground fees’ category I included the expense of my Solar and the cost for dumping and filling my fresh water tanks when I boondock.

The first year they were a monthly average of $311.36.  The 26 month point they were a monthly average of $224.84.  The slight increase now is due to the fact that (1) I added more solar and new batteries and (2) I’ve been paying Campground Fees for the last three months.  All in all though I’m still very pleased with this amount.

Gas = $588.29 + Campground Fees = $277.47 = TOTAL $865.76.  My goal is not to exceed $1,000 per month for the sum of those two categories.  I’m well under !!

Propane is now at $1,515.27.  Based on 33 months that is an average of $45.92 per month.

5 comments:

  1. D......very good.......sure is less expensive than maintaining a house.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. 500 per month for gas would be great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering all the miles you drive, I'd say that's pretty darn good.

    I don't calculate the solar expense into my monthly camping fees, because I paid for it all at once the first year, but it will save me money for years to come. I put it into another category - Miscellaneous One-time Expenses. I love one-time expenses: Done and Done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sass...that's really encouraging for Sherry & I. Our biggest expense, having the three kids still at home, is groceries. Those buggers can eat, let me tell ya.

    I was looking at your bucket list for rides. If you haven't done the Cabot Trail yet, we'll do it together next time you make it this far East. I know another route in over here on the rock that you'd be impressed by too.

    TR (HighwayMan)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, keeping all that figuring gives you something to do. Gotta keep that mind active.

    ReplyDelete