Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A REUNION AND A CHURCH GROUP

It continues to be HOT HOT HOT here in British Columbia.  Most days it has been over 30C – that’s close to 90F.  We did get some rain last Thursday, which everybody said was badly needed.  You know, for lawns, gardens, crops etc. etc.  Me ?  I don’t need any rain !!  But it was ok for one day.

The August long weekend turned out to be B U S Y – very B U S Y – here at HARRISON RIVER RV RESORT.  The place was packed.  Here are a few pics just to show how many rigs were here.

01

03

02

12

The following day I climbed up on the roof of my rig to get some better shots.

03

01

02

04

They started arriving on Thursday.  So many that I wondered if Friday was the actual Holiday instead of the Monday.  I actually had to check online to verify.  Nope, It was indeed Monday but a lot of people obviously decided to make it an extra long weekend.

A short video of the Park from the top of my rig….

The Church Group obviously were here because they knew “I” was here – and gawd only knows I need praying for !!  They were a quiet Group and even held their Sunday Service in the large white tent.  Sang Hymns and everything.

06

There was a large Group here for some kind of a reunion and they had hired a Band to play in the open grass area for Saturday night.  The Band was very good.  Kids and Adults alike had a good time.

Naturally the traffic around the Park was pretty much non-stop and despite the large signs that Tara had made saying “10 KPH” not one car heeded it.

I retreated to my “back yard” for most of the weekend and thought oh so fondly of the peace and quiet of the desert !!

04

The view isn’t as great but at least I was away from all the madness.

05

There were tons and tons of boats on the water.  Here’s the Park’s Boat Launch area.

06

People were fishing, water-skiing and generally just enjoying their time on the water.

I really should take up fishing – it always looks so peaceful.

07

Oh yes, There are definitely fish in the waters.  Check out what ``one N`` Glen caught !!

05

I was clear across the field and zoomed in as far as the camera could zoom.  I just HAD to take this pictures of the THREE STOOGES up by the Office. In order to protect the innocent I’ll keep their identities a secret and just call them Moe, Larry and Curley !!

13

I was counting the HOURS until MONDAY !!  LOL  Although there`s still quite a few rigs here the majority of them packed up after the weekend.  Ahhhhh, got my peace and quiet back again.

12 comments:

  1. Of course fishing is peaceful and all that stuff.....but keep to riding that beauty Harley, it's better therapy for ya!! Love the pictures and the stories......

    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaysus! Talk about packin' 'em in like sardines! We would see that at places like Grand Bend (at the drags) but I'm not sure I want to be in an actual campground that was that crowded. At least you knew when it would be over, plus you had your really awesome 'back yard'.
    That fishing thing would be OK until you catch a fish. Then it's just too much excitement for me I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A weekend of choosing whether to open your slide or your awning because there's not room for both. Always makes me glad weekenders go home. At least the band played music I could have enjoyed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heavens - they really do pack 'em in. And week-enders always have so much energy as they try to cram all their fun into a couple of days. Definitely not peaceful. But it didn't last too long. If it went on for a week that would be way too much. Enjoy your peace and quiet now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to tell you - come to AJ and Jim'll take you out fishing. Can't guarantee any catching but the boat ride sure is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the "peace and quiet" thing. That's one overly packed campground there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That place was really packed! I would have been happy to see the weekend pass and have all those people leave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhh, my! Thank goodness it was just for the weekend! I cannot believe how many RV's they packed in there. You have my sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like Quartzsite in January. They sure pack them in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The long weekend brought financial pay dirt to the ownership group of that campground. Good for them....but also good for you when the long weekenders left back for home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know it's a sin, but Sass I do so ENVY you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, they have their awnings right next to the neighboring rigs - talk about being packed in! Yes, lots of money for the owners, that's a good thing, and it sounds like everyone behaved. Your backyard looks very peaceful - good place for you to be. I'm glad you are back to peace and quiet again. :)

    ReplyDelete