Saturday, July 6, 2013

NAG NAG NAG–LOL

Yesterday I received two e-mails NAGGING me to update my Blog.

So I figured I’d better get off my butt and write something.  Hard to write a Blog when I really have been doing very little.

The rain has finally stopped and we are now having absolutely gorgeous weather.

During all the “free leak tests” though I noticed that I do have a leak in the passenger front window.

I provided a very quick and very temporary fix.

01

I did a quick look outside around the window and did not see anything obvious where the water would be coming in from.  Added this to my never ending “To Do” list to check out further.

The Canada Day Long Weekend was busy here at HARRISON RIVER RV RESORT.

But as you can see still lots of empty spots.  This place seems to attract young families with young kids.  There is a wonderful large play area for the kids plus of course the water right at their door step for swimming.

The Park does not allow tents and I think that’s a good thing.  Tent people are generally young, single, drinkers, partiers, play loud music etc. etc.  Yup, Just like I was in my ‘tenting’ days.  And believe you me I (today) wouldn’t want to be camping near ME (in my 20’s).

Oh, To qualify the “no tents” rule – families who have booked a site with an RV on it are allowed to pitch a tent for the kids.

Also LOTS of boating going on.  Tons and tons of boats were enjoying the beautiful Harrison River and beyond.

But the Canada Day Long Weekend also produced record breaking temperatures !!  Man oh Man it was stinking HOT.

By 4:00PM on Saturday it was 28C/82F with a “feels like” 36C/97F.  On Sunday at 1:30 PM it was 29C with a “feels like” temperature of 36C.  That’s 84F with a “feels like” 97F.

At another point I checked the temperature online and it was 40C/104F.  I near melted.

On Saturday I finally had to give in and close all the doors and windows and turn on the A/C.  It didn’t work !!  It was blowing out warm air !!

I seldom use the A/C – actually I probably only have had it running just a few times in the two years I’ve owned this rig.

Yet for some strange reason when I tried it again the following day it did work.  I had everything closed up and turned it on at 9:30 in the morning and it didn’t get turned off again until 7 o’clock that evening.  I didn’t step outside the door the entire day.

That same day, looking around the Park, the kids were not even out playing.  It was just too hot to do anything.

Thankfully that extreme heat only lasted three days and since then it has been perfectly warm.

Despite it being busy on the Long Weekend it was still blissfully quiet – especially at night.  The kids went to bed and the poor exhausted parents sat quietly by their campfires chatting.

I am so glad I found this place.  I love it here !

7 comments:

  1. So nice to find a place you love. We felt that way about Mississippi Riverwoods RV Park near Minneapolis. Lots of people but still very quiet and the river right outside our windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot here too, Denise. It's downright tropical. Day started with 70F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nag nag nag. Some places we do fall in love with and other places not so much. I love being by the river.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found your "heart spot" for the summer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been good and not nagged you. Of course, I know what it's like to not have much to blog about. But it sure sounds like you have a wonderful spot for the summer. Got hot here also but today has been almost perfect. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear all is well. Let us know when you are back on the rock. I gotta new tourer to show off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The window leak sounds familiar to me. Been there, had that. We never found out where the water came from.
    Still warm 75F (24C) @ 9PM. Sitting outside on the porch in a slight breeze from the ocean. AHHH!

    ReplyDelete