Saturday, July 27, 2013

IN THE MEANTIME

Still waiting for John to send me the pictures he took the day he and Elaine came by so I can do a Blog Post about it.  BUT if he’s anything like Elaine – well I’ll never get them !!  And of course Tyner wouldn’t have a clue how to do it.  LOL

The weather continues to be AWESOME with some days even TOO HOT whereby I’ve had to turn on the A/C in the rig.  And there is no riding when it gets too hot – hot air blowing in your face is no fun for me – to say nothing of how hot the pipes get.

In the meantime, I’ve just been doing small little jobs around the rig each day and going for short rides.

Tooth brush cleaning I call it !! Getting at every nook and cranny. Desert dust gets everywhere.

01

Especially the ‘garage’ which has never been cleaned. Scrubbing down the walls etc. Also during this process I’ve gotten rid of a TON of stuff.

02

I set up a table in front of the rig with a FREE sign on it.  The table was full and there were things laying on the ground as well.  As I came across things that I haven’t needed or used in THREE YEARS I wondered why I was hanging onto it ??  EVERYTHING IS GONE.

It continues to amaze me that I live in such a small space now and I still have TOO MUCH STUFF.  Just goes to show how little we need huh.

The window coverings in the garage have never been taken off.  And when I did take them off I found this broken screen.

01

Last Winter, I had lost the balance on the bike while it was in the garage and it fell against that window.  I thought only the window covering had been impacted.

02

Got going to fix this.

03

Lookie here – good as new !

04

05

Of course what I’ve accomplished in the last two months a normal person, with a normal energy level, could have done in one day !!

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! Doesn't it feel good to 'unload'? I think avoiding clutter is just an ongoing part of life. Minimalism requires constant focus and commitment. Like any religion - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I've moved numerous times over the years - and each time I de-cluttered and got rid of things - only to accumulate things again ! No More !!

      Delete
  2. I find it amazing how little I NEED. And with so little space, I WANT even less. I have saved a few small containers of things that I'll never use on the road, but I know I'll want if I'm ever in a house again, and I sure don't want to have to buy them a second time.

    It feels so good to do little household tasks. I give myself a big pat on the back every time I vacuum because I hate it, but little jobs like rearranging things, resorting, throwing away, etc. always feel so good.

    Good job on the screen. You're good at fixing things - that's a real bonus money-wise, and must feel great when the job is done.

    Living like this is so different than when I lived in a house and had a salary. A lot of us seem to use up all the space and money we have. If we just trim things a little, we'll have lots more space than we need, and lots more money in the bank. A lesson I'm learning late, but at least I'm learning it. And it's pretty easy to do in a 24 foot house. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, When I'm in friends/family houses now all I see is SO MUCH STUFF. I get over-whelmed and it's not even mine. I wonder where on earth would they even begin if they decided to down-size ??

      Delete
  3. Don't think I've had had an ambition to be "normal". Slow and steady gets the job done just fine. People who scurry all the time wear me out. Of course, they don't want to take me with them on their outings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, If I moved any slower I swear I'd be going backwards !! LOL

      Delete
  4. It always feels so much better when those jobs are behind us instead of facing us.

    ReplyDelete