Wednesday, July 31, 2013

CAMP HOSTING

A lot of full time RV’ers do what is called “Camp Hosting”.  Although I’ve never done it I do know it is basically just taking care of things around the RV Park in exchange for a free campsite.  I do know that in some cases it is also more than that, however, that is the basic.

This year I had the opportunity to Camp Host at two different places.  One was in Fort Langley, B.C. and the other in Merritt, B.C.  Unfortunately due to the gazillion health issues I have I am not able able to commit to something like that.

But can you imagine doing a Camping Hosting gig at a place like here at HARRISON RIVER RV RESORT, that is sooooo beautiful.  The Park Owner stopped by to chat with me today to ask if I knew anybody that would do this job.  I immediately thought of two different couples.

Joe and Tara have been doing it full time 24/7 and it’s just too much for one couple.  They never get a day off.

So if you know of anyone who might be interested – even for next Season – let me know and I’ll pass the word along.  Or call the Park directly.

6 comments:

  1. If you decide to camp host, you definitely want to be sure it's in a fabulous location. We tried it once. The location was perfect but the "gig" wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim and I have talked about it but that's all it ever amounted to. Wonder if Toni and Doug might want to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mean working all day 7 days a week??

    HB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Byron, That would have to be worked out with the Owner. However, Usually you have scheduled days off. I know in some of the State Parks I've stayed in they work 20 Hours a week.

      Delete
  4. We are paid, and paid well. There is a slim chance we won't have this job next year because the park contractor is changing, but it's slim. Thanks for thinking of us Sandie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it could be a pretty good way to save on site fees and keep bust at the same time. TR (HighwayMan)

    ReplyDelete