Tuesday, May 28, 2013

NO MORE FARMING

I have had to resort to checking into an RV Park !!  **GASP** Surprised smileBaring teeth smile

It’s not that there’s no boondocking here in beautiful British Columbia – it’s just that the places are very few and far between.  In Canada there is what is called “Crown Land” which I guess would be equivalent to the BLM land in Arizona.

The problem with Crown Land is that it is most always very remote and you need a 4 wheel drive to get there.  Not this gal !

There is probably hundreds of thousands of acres of farm land just in this corner where I am, but it is all privately owned.  I’ve been very fortunate so far to have spent time on two different Farms.  Enjoyed them immensely !

But like all good things this came to an end.  And I was feeling very unsettled.  I wanted to find a place to stay put for awhile so I had to bite the bullet and register at an RV Park.

I figured if I have to be in an RV Park it’s gonna be a NICE one and I do believe I found a winner.  This place is gorgeous.  It’s in the small community of Harrison Mills and I had previously checked it out while out riding on the bike.

Like all Parks in Canada it is VERY EXPENSIVE, however, I was able to negotiate a very good (for Canada) monthly rate with the Park Manager that I felt comfortable with.  I would much prefer to boondock and put that money aside for the gas to get down to Arizona this coming Winter but that was not meant to be.

The “Lots” here are also For Sale starting at $89,000 and going to as high as $229,000 for the waterfront ones !  That’s just for the lot !! Surprised smile

Just checked in here today so here are a few pics I took while walking around.

This is the private (Owners of lots only) boat launch.

03

It’s the little things they have added to this Park that makes it so pretty.  Directly behind this beautiful little sitting area is the Park Manager’s rig.  They are also full-timers who go South for the Winter months.

05

Another shot of the Park Manager’s spot.  Beautiful deck and stone work added.

07

Another shot of the Park Manager’s spot – probably one of the nicest here.

04

This is the boat launch for the public.  Looks like it is just being built.

01

02

Another Owner’s spot also with a beautiful deck added.

06

It all the small touches isn’t it.  The people here obviously take much pride in their Park.

08

Another Owner’s set-up.

09

And then there’s me….  Can you see me ??

10

Can you see me now ?  The Park Manager suggested this spot for me as she said it is likely the quietest – which is what I wanted.  This is where the guys park who work locally in the lumber industry and are gone all day.

I do have the option to move to another spot if I want – really any spot except the waterfront ones as they are the prime ones and naturally the most expensive.

11

A couple of videos I took as I walked around the Park – on a very gloomy, cloudy, rainy day here in British Columbia.

In this first Video you can see my rig way off in the back just behind that white ‘tent house’ thingie.

There are maybe a dozen rigs here right now who I’m figuring are full-timers.  ie. Owners of the Lots. and a couple of guys who work in the lumber industry nearby.

It will be a DIFFERENT STORY come the weekend !!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a gorgeous park. And remember the week-end is only two days so you can survive it even if you just hibernate for those two days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really nice. I like to move every two or three weeks, but it is nice once in a while to just stay put if you are in a good spot. It looks like you've found one. I think the fact that they will allow you to move to a different site if you want is a real positive, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found a place you are happy with. Nice views!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am convinced that RV park you are at is directly across the Harrison River from Rowena's Inn and the beautiful Sandpiper Golf Course (that our group played last week). Nice spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are sure glad we don't live in B.C. These lot prices would make us homeless persons. They are NUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the little fences between the sites. It's a nice little touch. Eighty Grand? Yup, gotta be B.C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks to me like you are in a good place. Hope the weekend stays quiet for you.

    ReplyDelete