Tuesday, April 16, 2013

DINNER AT MAW’S

I’ve been spending the last few days at my friend Marilyn’s place.  We all just call her MAW !

Marilyn and I go back to the 70’s in my early years living in Vancouver.  We both moved from Newfoundland (although we didn’t know each other there) and arrived at the same house in Vancouver within two days of each other.  We have been friends ever since.

MAW has been feeding me every day since I got here but on Sunday she cooked ‘Sunday Dinner’ – turkey with all the trimmings.  YUM !  I thought it was Christmas.

She got very FANCY SMANCY for this dinner – we sat in the Dining Room !!  No eating at the kitchen table for this event.

01

Here’s MAW – happiest when there’s a crowd in the house and she’s in the kitchen cooking for someone.

02

Her two Daughters, with their respective boyfriends, were also here.

03

04

Fancy flowers and everything.

05

AND not only one dessert…..

06

BUT TWO !

07

I could barely move afterwards I was so full.

Here’s a picture taken from MAW’s backyard.  Gotta love those B.C. mountains.

08

I’ll be leaving Chilliwack soon – actually I had planned on pulling out yesterday  – but a bolt snapped off on my steps rendering them useless and now they will not retract back in.  So I’m waiting for the part to come in.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, what a feast you guys had. Stylish! and OMG those desserts....just wish I'd been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeeeezzz, gettin fed like that I would break and bolt or maybe even two and stay awhile!! Looks like a wonderful place.....

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  3. HB sure got that right. What's a bolt or two for a dinner like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You better be careful as the rest of these folks might show up and you'll have to start sharing your food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not much better than a friend who cooks for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blame you for breaking that bolt. If I knew that was what she was fixing I'd have done anything to stay that extra day or two. LOL

    ReplyDelete