Saturday, March 16, 2013

WHO NEEDS A CAR

It’s been awhile since I posted so I figured I’d better get something out here.  Lots has been going on and yet nothing.

THIS is the major thing I’ve been dealing with these past two weeks…….

01 - Copy

No idea what is causing it.  My skin gets very itchy in a certain spot – I scratch the hell out of it – then I apply various anti-itch creams I got at Walmart – eventually it settles down and goes completely away – for awhile – and then comes back in a different spot.  It is everywhere from my ankles to my shoulders and everywhere in between.  Thank gawd only one area breaks out at a time……mostly.

I decided I wanted a lounge chair.  Yes, I had a lounge chair before – bought it the first year on the road.  But I found I didn’t use it much and it was very heavy.  I left it with me Mudder in NL.

And I didn’t want a ‘tan’ or ‘beige’ or ‘brown’ lounge chair.  I wanted something bright and cheerful.

I found it at Walmart.

Hmmmm,  I’ve gotten a lot of things home on the bike – but something this big ????

01

I ‘tried’ to put these brown bags on the luggage rack (so it wouldn’t scratch the CHROME ) before I put the lounge chair on it but the wind kept blowing them off before I could lift the chair on.  So I put the bike’s windshield cleaner on it to hold them down.  That didn’t work either and thankfully a nice man was walking by so he held the brown bags while I got the chair on.

02

Numerous bungee cords later – wobbly but secure….

03

I did notice while riding home that the car behind me stayed WAY WAY BACK !  LOL

This is just a short (3 second) video I made while riding.  Don’t bother to open it – except GERARD – ‘cause I wanted to rub in his face the fact that I’m riding in March and it’s beautiful outside.  hehehehe

CLOSE CALL

I’m riding along the I-8 the other day and this car moves over into my lane – right on top of me !!!  I braked quickly thinking that they would realize I was in the lane and swerve back.  NOT !  It was a very elderly woman with very dark glasses on.  You know the kind that has the dark sides on them as well.  She had two hands gripped on the steering wheel and was completely focused straight ahead.  She didn’t look sideways at all.

Narrowly missed me and I can tell ya I yelled and few “F” words at her.  I sped up and glared at her.  I’m sure she still had no idea how close she came to killing me !!

I left that gorgeous spot out by Pilot Knob and spent about a week back at the VFW getting things taken care of.  That will have to wait for my next post.  The heat in Yuma got to me so I started my very slow trek North.  I’m in Lake Havasu City now.

Beautiful sunset from my  boondocking spot last night in Lake Havasu City….

01

21 comments:

  1. Sure hope that rash is improving for you. Old drivers are such a hazard. Glad you're okay. At least the nights are cooling off beautifully. Almost chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check out Craggy Wash just north of the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, if you go to a Walgreens clinic you can see a Physician's Assistant and the fee is about $40. No insurance needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Dealing with that rash can't be fun. We've had more than our share of close calls and most of them haven't been from little old ladies. They've been from the much younger impatient crowd. Glad you made it out that one without any damage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your rash or what ever it is heals quickly. I'll be 72 in August and have already quit driving at night and hopefully will be wise enough to know when to quit driving period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BJ, I've said the same thing to myself already many times.

      Delete
  6. Aveeno used to make an oatmeal bath of sorts. You could soak whatever part of your bod that is itching in that. Sure worked on our kiddos when they had chicken pox....and you know how that itched! Stay safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My guess: could be a sign valley fever:
    Valley fever is a disease caused by a fungus that gets into your body through your lungs. ... chills, chest pain, a dry cough, and a rash.
    What is valley fever: see link
    https://www.vfce.arizona.edu/ValleyFeverInPeople/FAQs.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  8. No advice on the skin condition. We need pics of the new lounge chair in action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming soon to a great Boondocking spot.

      Delete
  9. Huh, I can see a Harley Davidson trailer in the near future. (Just in case you buy more big stuff)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The heat forced me to move, too. Sorry we didn't meet up again, but maybe next year. That looks like a nice chair, I'll look forward to a good photo of it.

    I wonder if that's a heat rash? You'll know soon enough if it goes away when you're in cooler weather.

    Give Bennie a smooch for me and Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, Not a heat rash as it started before the hot weather.

      Delete
  11. We have those chairs! Annie uses hers inside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are still alive. Hate those people who change lanes without looking sideways.

    I'm having an itchy rash, too, but none of the other valley fever symptoms. I bought some Benadryl tablets which help but put me to sleep. Sure had a couple good nights, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My guess to the rask may be "shingels" .....hope for you it's not!! Get it checked out and yer a "piece of work" with that chair on the back of yer bike!! The person behind you was probably sayin' "look at that crazy person on the Harley, she must be a Newfie"!! Then as he passes you, he sees the plates and goes "yep,I'm right"!!LOL!! Take care Sassy and chat soon.....call me anytime.

    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the wife says I'm crazy to say it's shingles....they are painful and sorta stay in one place on the body!! My bad!!

      HB

      Delete
    2. Byron, It's definitely not shingles. Believe it or not, I've had shingles TWICE already in my life !! I KNOW how painful they can be.

      Delete
  14. I don't think its shingles as they are very painful...do some research on Chronic Urticaria-I have had that in the past...it is more aggravating than anything...antihistamines usually work...good luck-great chair by the way

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it could be heat rash, just buy some SPF 15 or higher and always make sure you put it on before you go out. Even if you are covered with clothes. Shower and moisturize with sunscreen lotion (buy a good one) and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete