Monday, January 7, 2013

GENERATOR AND RAMP DOOR NOW FIXED

My “TO DO” list is very long but despite having two very long days hanging around Wally’s I wasn’t in the mood to do much.

Mostly played on the Computer all of Saturday.  I’m addicted to doing these jig saw puzzles.

01

I have this small storage Unit in the Hauler and the original ‘drawers’ (the tan colour ones) are falling apart.  I bought the plastic bins at Walmart but didn’t like the look of them ‘cause you can see all the junk inside.  I happened to have some of that shelf liner stuff ( we used to call it mac tac back in ‘da day ) so I figured I’d put that on the fronts.

02

Finished product below but I’m not overly thrilled with it.  Ya it’s better that it was before but I’m still not fussy about it.  I’ll likely haul it off and put Harley stickers all over the fronts.  LOL

02A

CRIME MUST BE WAY DOWN IN AVONDALE

Saturday morning at 8:00AM (I was still in bed) I hear a loud knock at the door.  It was the POLICE !!  After checking him out carefully I did open the door.  He proceeds to tell me that there is a City Ordinance that prohibits O/N in commercial parking lots.  Ahhhh Duhhhh Could someone please tell Walmart that ‘cause they are fine with RV’ers parking in their lot.  This guy was in a chatty mood and was in no hurry to leave.  I was frozen !!  I told him I needed to stay there until Sunday afternoon and he kinda indicated that if I moved over to the other side of the parking lot I wouldn’t be seen by them from the street !! I then watched him go to all the other RV’s and knock on their doors.

So later on I did just that.  Now seein’ as I was only moving a little ways I didn’t bother to take things off the countertop or secure anything there.  I had a kettle full of water on the stove plus a medium size pot full of water from eggs I had just boiled.  You know where this is going already don’t you !!  LOL  YUP, I turned a corner and both the kettle and the pot of water flew off the stove and onto the floor.  Water everywhere !!  Well, the floor really needed to be washed anyways.

Funny thing about that stupid Police guy.  Saturday night I’m over on the other side of the parking lot (all the other RV’s are on the side I moved from) and I see two Police cars parked in an empty parking lot right next to Walmart.  Guess they were too busy chatting to bother anyone !!

VISITORS FROM WHITBOURNE, NEWFOUNDLAND

Whitbourne is a small Community about 45 minutes from my home town of St. John’s.  My friends (Paula & Dennis) live there but are in the Phoenix area now visiting their Son who lives here.

I was stuck at the Dealers all day today while the body work was getting done on my rig so they came by for a visit and lunch.  Thanks again Guys for lunch !

Here they are pulling into the parking lot.  This was the first time I’ve ever seen Paula on the back !!  She rides her own and has a gorgeous Road King.

04 

05

Even you non-rider Folks will have to admit this is one gorgeous bike !

06

They loved the special parking just for motorcycles.

07

08

10

These two are “Harley” to the core.  I’ve yet to see them NOT wearing something Harley.  I was in their home one time and it’s Harley everywhere there also.  I have NOTHING Harley in comparison to these two.

11

13

After lunch we walked around the lot looking at the 5th Wheel Toy Hauler.  I’m trying to talk them into going full-time !!

Paula really liked this one but it wasn’t a hauler.

01

Obviously I am explaining something really important to her here.  LOL

06

This one is just too small.  The bikes would be in the living area of the rig.

02

This is the outside of the one Paula really liked.

04

I think this bike suits me !!!  I’ve always been partial to a red bike.

03

Back at the ranch things are going slowly but surely on the ramp door.  The actual ‘work’ wasn’t a lot – it was the drying time in between that took so long.

01

02

03

Finally at 4:30PM the rig was ready to go !  I didn’t get a picture of the finished product – will do that tomorrow.

But now it’s too late for me to get on the road so I’m still here and will pull out tomorrow morning.

Quick stop to do the tanks and get water and then I’m heading to Quartzsite.  Will be glad to get settled again for a few weeks.

10 comments:

  1. I look so forward to reading your adventures, thanks for putting your life online. Oh, that is one very pretty Deluxe. I miss the one I had because it was so easy to ride. But the Tri Glide allows me to go anywhere I want. Glad you got everything fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things are fixed. We'll be in Q shortly so we can all freeze together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Temperature is supposed to be down to 28 degrees in Q !!! That's freezing. We've heard of police knocking on the door of people after midnight. At least yours was considerate enough to wait until 8 AM. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sassy, so nice to see Dennis and Paula having a visit with you!! Wish we could be there as well......and what's wrong with having (or wearing) everything Harley Davisdon??????

    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear you are all fixed and gread to hit the road for Q.
    I sure hope it warms up around here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise, re. the drawers we have had the same problem in our MH. You need to change the brackets which hold the sliders to ones in metal. The plastic ones break all the time. Great that the ramp door and the genny is fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that's a huge relief to get those 2 issues resolved. What a fun day with your friends. I'd love to spend an afternoon looking at rigs. Bennie looks like he's feeling better. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we should be in Q for a week or two from the 15th or 16th. hopefully we can meet up with you. we will go to La Posa south east. glad to see you are done with the repairs. how is Bennie?

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad your finally all fixed up...what a good feeling you must have :) happy trails and safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  10. You finally have everything fixed and you can finally get back to living. I sure hope the work holds up and you are trouble free from here on.

    ReplyDelete