Saturday, January 12, 2013

ENTERTAINING DAY ---- NOT !

This morning I glanced out the window and saw that the entire front window of this Class A was GONE !!  Too bad I didn’t see it earlier and could have gotten a pic of them taking it out.

01

I watched them for the longest time as they prepared to put the new windshield in.  Missed it !!  But it just goes to show that everything in Quartzsite is mobile !!  Imagine having such a HUGE windshield being replaced in the middle of the desert.

02

I haven’t been outside at all the last days ‘cause it’s so frikkin’ COLD !  Today I forced myself to go out for a little run.  After all, I do have all the HEATED gear.  Yes, HEATED jacket; HEATED gloves; THERMAL long johns; THERMAL socks etc. etc. etc.  By the time I geared up I was exhausted.  LOL

Decided to take a run into Parker ‘cause it’s only about 30 minutes or so and they have the cheapest smokes anywhere.  Well I ended up paying heavily for them !!

03

Yes, I got pulled over for SPEEDING !!  Just as you make that right turn to go to Walmart the speed limit is only 35 MPH.  I had been behind a very slow driver for quite awhile so after making that turn it was two lanes.  I pulled around that driver and ‘apparently’ PASSED THE POLICE CAR. Surprised smile

Sandie, It’s all your fault !!  And I wasn’t as lucky as you guys by only getting a warning.  NOPE.

Don’t know yet how much the ticket is as I cannot make out the Violation Number on my copy but the pamphlet he gave me showing all the numbers – well none of them are under $100 !!  Grrrr Devil

10 comments:

  1. Ahh geez. Sorry to hear about the speeding ticket. I hate when they sneak up on you like that! Definitely an interesting day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer. Although I gotta say I would like to have seen that encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no - I am so sorry. I know we were really really lucky not to get the ticket. Not a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard the police aren't as friendly or as apt to give a warning as they had been in the past around here. They're out to get those snowbird dollars. However, I can't believe you actually passed a cop. Most of us crawl around them. Did I miss something? What happened to your window?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing happened to HER window. It wasn't hers.

      Delete
  5. You might want to check with the PD to see if you can go to court. I do not know if the US reports speeding vioaltions to Canada DL's. If they do, then it could hurt your insurance. If they allow you to go to court, then it could be something that does not go against your DL.. But believe me it will cost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O my you didn't really need that, did you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only way to make something good from bad thing that happened...

    Quit smoking.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good thing I wasn't there Sassy or you would have been going faster trying to catch me!!!!

    Gerard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfffttt ! May I remind you of the sticker on the BACK of my helmet !!

      Delete