Sunday, December 9, 2012

FIRST CAMP FIRE

Once again I am WEEKS behind on blogging.  After three weeks at the Pond the tanks needed to be dealt with so it was time to move on.

While I was there, friends from B.C. (Leona and MJ) came to the Pond to visit and have dinner.

Leona got her line in the water immediately and inside of 10 minutes caught a decent size trout !

01

Don’t lose it !!

02

03

Stole this pic from their Blog.

DSCF6749_thumb

We had a delicious dinner of chicken (cooked on the Cobb Grill), a garden salad – where I put everything that’s in the fridge in it – and we were SUPPOSED to have baked potatoes – unfortunately, despite being on the grill for 2 hours they were still hard as a rock so not edible !

We then sat back and enjoyed a fire for an hour or so before they had to head back home – Imperial Dam is where they are spending their Winter.

09

The next day Bennie was EXHAUSTED from all that activity so had to rest for the whole day.  Mom, as always, tries to make him as comfortable as possible by putting out his blankie.

08

I have yet to grow tired of the peacefulness of the Pond.

006

Have been back at Quartzsite now for about a week and loving it here also.

12 comments:

  1. That campfire looks amazing! Did you cook the trout or catch and release?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great spot, along with good company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Some day I want to visit the pond.

    Thanks for the e-mail - for some reason my response won't "send" to you. I thought it was gone hours ago and just realized it's still there. Now I can't get my Outlook to come up. I'll turn off the computer and restart it and see if it will go. Just in case, I wanted to say things. Interesting, I saved it to a file, just in case. d:) (I just hit the "d" by accident in my smiley - it looks like a baseball cap.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I meant to say " I wanted to say thanks," not things. LOL I'm not doing too well, am I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back to "Q"? At least you're staying where it's warm. We'll be there in January so looking forward to seeing you and Bennie. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure do hope you're going to be there in January. It feels like it's been forever since we've seen you and Bennie. And it sure is good to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a WHOLE YEAR. Really looking forward to January to see you guys again.

      Delete
  7. Well, it's about time to get this latest entry into your blog....it has been a long time!! Glad to see you and Bennie are doing great in the deep southwest. Have a great winter and keep in touch.....

    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete
  8. That campsite looks great. Water, mountains, space, and a campfire.

    ReplyDelete