Wednesday, November 28, 2012

MY DIRTY DESERT DOG

Just a further note regarding yesterday’s fire at The Hitch House.  I was thinking this morning that this could have happened while my rig was in there being repaired.  Of course the Company’s Insurance would have covered the replacement of my rig –  BUT the rig is my HOME now and everything I have is in it.  And of course some things simply cannot be replaced.  OK, Enough about that – don’t want to go there.

Oh my poor Bennie !  He was so filthy and with boondocking I sure couldn’t afford to use up that much water to give him a bath.  And with all the dust and the sand, well it isn’t possible to keep a WHITE dog clean !!!

This is one of the rare occasions where he is actually laying on his blanket.

08

I finally got around to taking him to the Groomers the other day.  He’s now back to being my handsome, gorgeous little boy – for awhile anyways.

02 - Copy

03 - Copy

Bennie came out of the Groomers sporting a spiffy new neck scarf….

04

While sitting outside waiting for Bennie, having my lunch, I glanced across the parking lot to admire the colourful shrubs and trees…

01

Had to remind myself it was the end of November !!

05 - Copy

06 - Copy

07 - Copy

08 - Copy

8 comments:

  1. Bennie looks great! Of course he was cute when he was dirty too. That face cant look anything but good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a top dog he is! Now let's see if you can keep him out of the dirt ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's such a cutie pie. Love you and miss you Bennie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you be shy of water for a wash.....are you not on a LAKE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bennie looks very handsome, isn't it cute how they just know it? They must feel really good after a grooming, just like we do.

    I wondered, like Bob, why you don't just dunk him in the lake, ruffle his fur a bit, and dunk him again? If you dry him off and leave him inside to dry, or use a hair dryer, he'd be as good as new.

    OR... could you take him into the shower with you? I know lots of people do that with their kids when they are too small to take their own showers. Just shampoo, rinse and wrap him in a towel outside the shower while you are finishing yours.

    I have an outside shower and have bathed Katie with it a couple of times. It has hot and cold water, so I can give her a warm shower if she has rolled in something "interesting and stinky" and I don't want her inside until she is clean. Works like a charm and she doesn't mind much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't trust the water in the pond for anything other than using it for cleaning etc. Last year the first time we were here Jamie decided to jump in for a swim. He was itchy like crazy for days. Don't want that for my little Bennie.

      Delete
  6. Bennie is so handsome. Really enjoyed looking at his pictures. I also enjoy your blog. I admire you but I worry about you ridding a bike. I recently fell (just tripped) and knocked my shoulder out of place. It really hurt. Guess we just have to deal. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to my friend Denise...hope you have a fantastic day!!

    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete