Friday, November 2, 2012

AHHHH–HOME AGAIN

I’m not a ‘seasoned’ RV’er by any means.  This will be only my third Winter here.  Unlike the many people who have been doing it for years and years.

But as soon as I got to Yuma I felt like I was ‘home’.  Strange isn’t it.

My week was up at the RV Park and I was glad to get out of there.  Nothing wrong with the place at all – and it was quite inexpensive – it just isn’t for me.  I have come to love the wide open space of boondocking too much.

Wasn’t exactly sure where I was going to go next until the morning I was leaving.  I wanted to go to “the Pond” but there is no-one there yet and I would not be comfortable if there was no-one else around.

I knew Barbara was already at Quartzsite and Jeri and Terry were there also (or soon to be).  So I decided to go to Quartzsite.  Stopped in to see Leona and MJ along the way.  They have a spectacular spot at Imperial Dam.

Jeri e-mailed me last night to say they were at an RV Park here in Q and would drop by today.  Sure enough a knock comes to my door and there they were.  It was so good to see them again.  They had planned to head to Phoenix today but changed their minds and are now pulled in with Barbara and myself.

As soon as I pulled into the BLM spot where Barbara was a feeling just came over me – Ahhhh, Home Again !!  It was late in the day by the time I got here and this is what greeted me….

01

02

03

You simply cannot beat Arizona sunsets and I never tire of them.

07

I was quite surprised to see so many RV’ers here this early.  There are quite a few.  There will be hundreds of thousands more come January but it’s a BIG desert.

Barbara always manages to find the greatest spots.  Her ‘site’ is nestled by some trees and she has her own private shade area.

12

I moved to a different spot today and got myself settled.  Wanted my door and sitting area facing into the shrubbery.

13

It was so great seeing these guys again and I’m looking forward to January when I’ll get to see the rest of the gang.

Yup, ‘Specks I’ll stay here for a few weeks.

Thanks Barbara and Jeri for taking the pics for me.

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous sunsets. You might imagine that I will borrow those. And, it's certainly nice to see both of you again. Friends are family too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more Jeri. My RV friends are becoming family for sure.

      Delete
  2. It's so great to see you again "in person" instead of in print.

    We have a couple of great sites here, and Jeri and Terry, too. Lucky us, huh? There are many nice, relaxing days ahead of us all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sunset shots. Could be a great ad for the RV lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo good to see the plains of Quartzsite. You hanging out thee until we come?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I expect I'll be here for awhile. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous skies! Will be looking forward to the Q adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are home! I just commented on Barbara's blog what a kick I got out of seeing 2 of my favorite blog dogs together, Benny and Katie. Your sunset photos made me even more excited about seeing the desert in person.

    ReplyDelete