Monday, October 1, 2012

ONLY FOUR MORE SLEEPS !

YIPPEEE --  YAHOOOO – YABBA DABBA DOOOO !!

And that’s counting tonight even ! Friday morning I get back on the road.  Can’t wait !  I’ve been ready to go for over a week now and have had everything done.  Got my prescriptions for six months filled; got Bennie’s meds for six months filled; got my CRV Sold (gas $$); got the RV serviced etc. etc. etc.

Been waiting on that lazy SOB of a Brother of mine !! Well lazy he sure isn’t ! He’s been working like a dog getting things done to get ready for this trip.  Oh, I didn’t tell you ??

Hmmm, Well my mind hasn’t really been my own lately – not that I’ve ever had a sane mind.  LOL  But let’s just say it’s been distracted.

I ‘mentioned’ to my Brother and his Wife (in joking) about driving across the Country with me.  They are both retired and it sure would be a new experience for them.  They actually gave it very serious thought and have decided to go along with me.

They are wanting to buy a used convertible – ya, I know – it’s an OLD AGE thing !!  LOL  So this might be an opportunity for them if they happened to see some major bargooooon and then they would drive back.

Failing that, they have some kind of deal for a four night (free) stay in Las Vegas, so they’d go there after Arizona and then fly back from there.

In the meantime, some pics from over the Summer.  Visiting Family member – my Cousin’s Son (Lucas) can’t wait until he’s old enough to get his own bike !

01

The following scenery pics were taken in July in a Community called St. Phillips which is just outside of St. John’s.  I ride through there often on the bike and they have the best Fish and Chips anywhere.  I love to just sit on the rocks and look out over the Ocean.

02

Watching two boaters coming back from a day out on the water……..

03

04

05

Gorgeous sunset that evening – never tire of that.

06

8 comments:

  1. How exciting! You are set to go! I'm sure you will enjoy having company on the road for a change.

    Keep us posted - I expect great things from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimmer, great things !!??? Remember I'm the one who put my rig in the ditch !! LOL

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you're going to have company and enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see about that - my Brother might be booted off in Gander (four hours from here) and Carol and I will proceed on our own !! LOL

      Delete
  3. Having company can help make the miles go faster. An it's more fun to have somebody along when you're lost. I'm so glad you're going to be back in AZ. Sure am looking forward to seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see and hang out with you guys also.

      Bonus with this 'company' is that my SIL can cook as good as my Mother !!

      Delete
  4. Will be fun to have company on the trip. Just remind yourself it's a once in a lifetime trip for you all when it gets a bit crowded! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I dare say we'll be reminding each other of that often. Good thing about having a toy hauler is that I can boot my Brother out to the garage when he gets saucy !

      Delete