Thursday, October 18, 2012

ALMOST THERE ALREADY !

Will you guys look at that map my EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT is keeping up to date in my Header !!  WOW !!  Make no wonder my head is in a spin and my more old body doesn’t know what time it is !!  I’ll feel like I’m rolling for days from the motion of driving !!  LOL
I finally got to stop at a Harley Davidson store – in Knoxville I believe…
01
Even Don enjoyed going around looking at all the gorgeous merchandise and bikes !
02
Yes, That’s a shopping bag in my hand !!  hehehe
04
I did manage to find a little something to add to my every growing collection.
05
06
And if there’s food within a 10 miles radius my Brother will find it !!  He’s chomping down on some popcorn he found in the store.  Funny thing – I never saw it ?? I must have been distracted looking at other things.
05
He CLAIMS he doesn’t sleep while I’m driving………….hmmm
06
The weather has been fabulous every day.  This day it was very warm so we enjoyed our lunch outside at a rest stop.
08
I had to make a list of chores for HIMSELF !!!  If not he gets very antsy and bored and thinks we should be DRIVING !!
01
So if I keep him busy with chores our nerves (me and Carol) are always much better.
02
The handle on my water filling thing broke….
FRESH WATER HANDLE
So I set him to work to fix it and Carol and I got some peace !!!!!
03
Then I wanted to install one of those roof fan thingies to help with the toilet smell….
01
So I got him to install that for me – another hour of peace !!
04
Another job done !
07
And last but likely not least, he also fixed the shower door.  Remember this pic ?
03
I’ve had trouble with the shower doors since I bought this rig.  Turns out it was missing one of these little babys:
02
Which was not to be found at any Camping World, Lowe’s or Home Depot anywhere !!  We did get the little wheel part and Don was able to improvise with a rubber washer, cut and a hole drilled or something like that.  It’s now fixed and the door slides better than it ever did !  Guess he’s good for something !!
Now I want you all to know that ALL of these jobs I could have done myself !!  But I gotta say it’s nice to have someone else do them.
We left Gallup, NM this morning and will be somewhere in the Phoenix area tonight.
Tomorrow we will be in Yuma with 90+ (F) of HEAT.  I’ve checked out some RV Parks and will likely pull into one of them for the week Don and Carol are with me and after that I’ll go to a boondocking spot.
And I’m tired !  Will be glad to get off the road now.

10 comments:

  1. Holy Moly!!! You guys are doing some serious mileage!

    I notice you have the in-motion satellite. Do you use it? How do you like it? Is it expensive? (I have one too but don't know anything about it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tired?? From your post and your pics it sounds and looks like your Brudder is doing all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be me out there fixin' stuff. My wife one time said she sorta felt "sorry for me". I just told her fixin' stuff was part of the fun.
    No, really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah.. Harley Davidson..finally. I was kind of gettin' worried. Now that brother you have onboard...can't you keep him..as a handy man. I know, I know, you need peace. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering when I would see a Harley Store......too many miles without a Harley stop, don't let it happen too often....OK!!

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  6. slow down..... whats your hurry! LOL your missing a lot of country between the here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got the shower door fixed. You better be taking a good hard look at what else can be "fixed" so you and Carol get to enjoy some downtime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, by the way, forgot to mention how much I love the map. Can the exec asst tell us how she did it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Longdog2, I didn't use anything fancy. I just used the "My Places" in googlemaps and Word for the text boxes and then simply copy and pasted into "Paint".

      Delete
  9. Holy Cow woman!! I cannot believe you guys are in AZ already. Our weather is going to only be in the 80's next week. Absolutely perfect. Nights are cooling down so nicely. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete