Saturday, September 8, 2012

MUDDER ALL DOLLED UP

No, Not THIS MUDDERI’m talking about the real Mudder.

In August one of my Niece’s got married – and NO, I did not go to the wedding.  I don’t think they’d consider jeans and one of my Harley T-Shirts as being “dressed up” enough for a wedding.  My Niece understood and said “I know Aunt Denise it’s just not your thing.”

But me Mudder however just couldn’t wait to get all dolled up and go.  For 87 years old she’s pretty amazing huh !

01

She HATES getting her picture taken and would be horrified to know I’ve put pics of her on the Blog.  Shhhhh, don’t anybody tell her !!  LOL

She was all ready to go – just sitting back waiting for my Brother to come get her.

02

Then Bennie jumped up on her and smeared her dress.  Cloth and water quickly came out to clean it and then I had to run out to the rig to get my hair dryer to dry the wet area.

THEN, The button falls off from her jacket…….out comes the needle and thread.

THEN, She try's to put that flower thing on the jacket……Couldn’t get that on so had to wait under my Sister-In-Law to come in and help her with that.

03

FINALLY, All disasters have been resolved and this handsome bunch is ready to go to the wedding.  Ahhhh, I spent the remainder of the day and night in peaceful bliss !

05

And what is Bennie doing during all of this – and everything and anything else that’s on the go…………..

01

My little helper comes down to see me almost every day.  His grandparents (my Brother and Sister-In-Law) take care of him during the day while his parents are working and they live next door to my Mother.

We inspected the roof this day.  He REALLY enjoyed that !!

02

He was curious about the pull-out bed – Aunt Denise complied.

01

He ‘pretends’ to be sleeping………

02

What a cutie he is !!

03

My other Blogger friends are all now talking about the '”hitch-itch”.  Yup, I got it real bad.  Hoping to be able to get on the road early October and counting down the days now.

11 comments:

  1. Love it! The pics of Nan are so great and of cource I love the ones of my little man. I am glad he is such a great little helper. He is back to school and misses being around to "work" with Aunt Denise:) Glad to see you are back at your blog, love reading about all your adventures! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - your mom is a doll! Ditto for the nephew. He's having the time of his life with your rig. And I see Bennie is helpful as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom certainly doesn't look 87. She could pass as 20 years younger!! Your little helper is also a doll. These are memories he'll never forget. What a wonderful thing to spend time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mother is beautiful! Ahhh Benny! I wish I could sleep like that. And the little helper is a cute little guy -- looks like he was in RV heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mother should love having her pic made, she is a very pretty woman. She certainly doesn't look her age! I think the little guy will make a good helper for you, train him up right and he can do all the roof repairs when you get older. LOL
    I wish I could sleep as well as Bennie is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing. Glad to know you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow hope I look that gorgeous when I'm 87...she sure doesn't look her age. Good 'jeans' coming your way :).....your nephew is a cutie...hope you get to cure that hitch itch soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heh Denise,

    Sure hope you were able to ride out the storm----with no damage to the Hulk & family. Wow it sure looks bad on TV.

    Your Mom & nephew are both cuties---looking good for their ages. You got good genes in you girl.

    Sounds as though you are getting ready to hit the open highway soon---isn't it crazy how fast the time goes.

    Take care, Lynn,Sunny Vancouver .

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I miss this post? I'm a little late to the party, but loved seeing the photos of your mom all "dolled up." She's a beautiful woman! Love her dress. Don't you have anything you could have worn? Or borrowed? Or do you just not like weddings? It's nice your niece understood it's just not your thing. I think it would have been funny if you went and wore jeans and a t-shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, Yes I could have found something 'suitable' to wear - but to have to attend a wedding - well (for me) that would be as painful as having a tooth pulled !! LOL I stayed home and had a wonderful, quiet and relaxing day.

      Delete
  10. Shouldn't that be Great Auntie! Stains, hair dryers and flowers Oh the shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete