Wednesday, August 15, 2012

NEW PERLICAN, NEWFOUNDLAND

…..Not to be confused with Old Perlican, Newfoundland…..

I’m back in Town again now.  But after I left Lower Island Cove I spent about a week in New Perlican.  My good friend Byron (aka HarleyB) is originally from here – although he has  been living in Ontario for the past 40 years.  He let me know he was coming ‘home’ for a visit so I simply moved my ‘home’ to this gorgeous little community.

Got myself tucked away in this small Cove.

01

I really enjoyed it there mostly because it was so peaceful and quiet – yet other people were close by enough that I sure felt safe.

02

My view as I sit back reading a book.

03

Ocean front property at its BEST !!

04

05

A little video of my set-up there.

The weekend was “New Perlican Days” where they had many events planned.

09

Even SANTA came to visit….

10

I’ve been riding with the CMC (Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers) these last few years and Byron is a Member of the Toronto Chapter.  Our Members from St. John’s rode out to New Perlican (about an 1 1/2 hours ride) to meet him.  Considering it wasn’t a great day we still had quite a few riders come out.  It was warm, but very cloudy and some light rain.

11

12

13

Wayne, our fearless Leader on the right, meets Byron (on the left with that UGLY beard !!

14

Me and that SAUCY Gerard !!

15

On Sunday night they had fireworks.  Here’s the little fire truck getting things set-up….

 

06

This pic was taken from inside my rig – so you see that I had the best seats in the house !!

07

FIREWORKS PICTURES

01

02

03

04

05

06

Of course a Blog Post cannot be complete without a pic of my precious Bennie !

08

9 comments:

  1. Nice job on the fireworks pictures. It's something that seems to elude me.
    I have GOT to get to Newfoundland one of these days. Have to get back to Canada first, but that's beside the point.
    A friend of our was recently on a bit of a bus tour around those parts a while back and really fell in love with the place. She had never been to the East Coast. She's going back again one day.
    Nice to see your post pop up today. Enjoy that ocean front view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do find those beautiful spots to park. And I agree with Bob on the fireworks pictures. I have yet to take one that looks decent and yours are beautiful. But I had to laugh at the pic of you and Saucy Gerard - definitely no smiles in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic fireworks pictures. They are hard to get. Did Bennie enjoy the close up viewing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh Denise---Thanks so much for the travel log of NFLD---you sure have found some great spots to park yourself & meet up with your friends.

    Good job on the fireworks as well---Glad to know you are out & about & enjoying the ROCK.

    Take care, Lynn. Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm impressed with your fireworks pictures - they came out really good! I hope they didn't scare Bennie, he looks so cute sleeping half off his bed. That's what Katie does, too, unless she's curled up in a ball. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sassy, it sure is great to view your beautiful pictures of my hometown of New Perlican, Trinity Bay Newfoundland!! I have great memories of the caplin rolling in on that beach many years ago. Yeah it is a safe little haven there around the Cove Beach and always someone home in the houses up behind your rig.
    It was so nice of CMC to come out and spend the day with us in New Perlican, it was a real pleasure of meeting everyone. I feel as if I've known a few of them for years ...great bunch.
    I tried to call you a couple of times with no luck to see how your finger is doing....FOLKS, I squatted her finger steel on steel and had a nasty cut there, I hope it's feeling better and healing fast!! My daughter Ashley and granddaughter Olivia just adored Bennie and said how gentle he was with Olivia.
    Great to see this Blog and thanks for visiting and sharing!!
    Your friend Byron AKA: HarleyB with the new look...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 4 blogs in Aug and here we are in Sept. What's happening?

    ReplyDelete