Monday, August 13, 2012

LOWER ISLAND COVE, NEWFOUNDLAND

……Not to be confused with Upper Island Cove, Newfoundland…….

I needed to get out of Town again and I was undecided where I would go this time.  Then my Friend Peter called to tell me he was going to his Summer house in Lower Island Cove for the weekend and that just made up my mind for me.

I got out there a few days before Peter arrived and stayed an extra day after he left.  Had a gorgeous weekend hanging out with him.  We spent all of our time at ‘my house’ – he was really enjoying the whole sitting out on the ramp thing.

Relaxing on ‘my patio’ enjoying a million dollar view ……

01

And I get to enjoy all of this for the HUGE price of ZERO !

02

Even had my grill going – see it on the ramp door ?

03

This wharf got destroyed not that long ago by Hurricane Igor.

04

05

06

09

Even sitting inside I get an amazing view out my side door.

13

Played with the setting on my camera – didn’t know it had a timer thingie…

07

One night there was this brilliant moon shining over the Ocean.  My poor little camera could not capture its magnificence.

12

So I played with some settings again….I liked the way this one came out !

11

And last but by no means least……my baby !

10

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that picture of you sitting on the rock. Looks like a marvelous place to get away for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting on 'Da Rock....great pic. You sure had the grand view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures.....nothing like being on the Rock...we are in North Sydney about 2 mins from the boat...rick and I and Donna and Ralph...when do you come back this way.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great place to be, and for free - my kind of camping spot! Love the photo of you - I haven't tried the timer thing, but I'm not as photogenic as you. :) Glad you're getting out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. D......happy to see you are being pro active.....and I agree with the others....great pic of you on dat roc....
    Lawrence is in Phoenix picking up a new to him 40 ft Newmar.....they will be heading to California this winter.
    As for me.....19 days till departure by MC for South America....follow along on de blog....I will add you to my Spot and you can follow the trip on Google Maps

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! glad you are having a relaxing long weekend. Bennie is so cute, I could just huggggg him! Thanks for the advice on the month of July for our trip to Newfoundland. We are going to Fla in May for a couple of weeks and then heading up the east coast. Maybe we will see ya!

    ReplyDelete