Friday, June 8, 2012

THE NUMBERS ARE IN ------- OUCH !!

I left Yuma, Arizona on February 27th, 2012 in NO HURRY to arrive at my destination of St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada.

Good thing ‘cause it took me 99 Days to get here.

When I left I ‘predicted’ that I would not see much change (if any) from $5,000 in gas expenses.  Well I wasn’t too far off.

The total gas cost was $4,202.84.

I went through 931 Gallons of gas – which is 3,525 litres of gas.

I drove 5,840 Miles -- 9,398 KMS

I had left my car here when I left in November, 2010 with my Nephew to sell for me and take care of.  Well that didn’t happen.  It just cost me $1,000 to get the car road worthy again.  Needed a new battery --  brake seized up etc. etc. etc.

BTW, I haven’t been blogging nor even have had a chance to catch up on my Blog reading due to some ‘legal woes’ that I have to deal with.  That will either be over by Monday – if the Condo Board will withdraw their Claim against me ----  OR --- just begin because if they won’t then I will be filing an Appeal and will be preparing all of my documentation for a Supreme Court Trial.  Certainly not what I want to have to be dealing with right now but I may not have any choice.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, well your nephew I hope apologized for not doing what he said he would do. I hope everything goes well with the condo association, I used to be in one and don't miss it one bit.

    HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Denise - I am so sorry things are going so bad. Prayers that the Board will withdraw their claim. Let us know how it's going when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, oh ... I'm sorry to hear about the problems. Problems aren't good. I hope they go away. Even if you win in the Supreme Court, the stress isn't good. Our prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you were right - and I'd MUCH rather have my gas costs for last month than your's! Mine were big, your's were HUGE!

    I sure had a huge sigh of relief when my condo sold. NEVER AGAIN will I buy a condo! I'd rather rent a room in a boarding house (if they still have them). I hate HOA board members. I hope they withdraw their claim, and if not, pray that you win, win, win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, Denise, that is quite a cost for gas. I just did the math: about 6,3miles pr. gal or well 37liters/100kms. Good thing that gas is some what cheaper than Diesel.
    I hope your condo problems can be solved. I hate things like that.
    Good to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that stinks to hear you are having a condo battle...We wish for the most positive outcome for you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats alot of gas....hope the legal issues resolve for you soon...that is much uneeded stress...hoping for a positive out come for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. D....happy to see you are safe at home but sorry to hear about your condo woes.....I am currently at a motel campground at a place called Johnson's Landing, thats all it is and I am stranded for maybe up to 5 days...so I am told due to Landslides and washouts in the Yukon.
    ....google....Yukon Road Conditions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Denise, just checking in to let you know you're missed and thought of. I hope it's going well and that you didn't have to do battle after all. HugZ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Give them hell Denise!
    Rick & Jan (Osoyoos)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Denise. I been mainly reading your blog and enjoying. We're all getting getting a little concerned about you. At least I am. I hope you're giving them hell. You're in my prayers. I hope you'll be able to let us know if you're all right or not. You probably can't give too many details. Just a little sentence or two letting us know you're still alive. God bless you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Denise, just checking in to let you know you're missed , getting a little concerned about you. Hope all is well with you and that you're just very busy right now!

    ReplyDelete