Tuesday, May 1, 2012

YUP, WILL BE IN MY OWN HOME TOMORROW

Went to get the loaner car this afternoon as I had absolutely NO food left here.  While I was talking with Jenn, Body Shop Manager, she brought me around back to see my rig.

It’s DONE !!  They want to give it another day to ensure complete drying.

There is also a square piece of film that goes over the paint where the latch opens for the ramp door.  This is to protect the paint from scratching when you open it.  They want to make sure the paint is completely dry before applying that film.

01 - Copy

These are the damaged compartment door ‘skins.

02

These are the two new compartment door ‘skins’ on.

05

The sides of the doors did not get damaged – just the part that curves under…….but naturally the whole door had to be repainted.

03

04

Jenn says I’ll get the rig late in the afternoon tomorrow but to hang around for as long as I want !!

I have a TON of laundry to do so figure I’ll get that out of the way on Thursday.  By the time I get the rig tomorrow all I’ll be able to do is get everything put back in it.  And that’s a lot !

Will likely be Friday before I can actually get back on the road.  Will be heading to the Hamilton area for awhile to visit friends and relatives.

13 comments:

  1. Yippee!! That is the best news. It's always so wonderful to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like they are doing a real spiffy job. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet your excited to get back on the road, I now I would be. Tip: stay ON the road... never IN the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job - it looks really good! I bet you can't wait to get behind that wheel again. Steering wheel that is, don't get behind the others...but then, that's probably better than getting in front of them..ok, bye ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Repairs look great! Bet you can't wait to get back on the road. Or at least back in your own bed! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Repairs and paint work appear top drawer.........so you are now going to back track on your journey home.....safe travels D......if you come this way you have a place to stay......

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob ! The plan right now is to head to the Hamilton area for a week or two and do some visiting before I get back on the road.

      Delete
  7. Your rig is looking pretty spiffy! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great - just like new. And welcome to the club! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a nice job they did! Looks new again!

    Erik

    ReplyDelete