Tuesday, May 8, 2012

MORE GREAT HOSPITALITY AT DUFFY’S RV PARK

After that delicious lobster dinner – fun and lots of laughs in the HD Lounge – the next day I got ready to set sail again.  Having my usual breakfast of a yogurt and a banana, I went inside to say good-bye to everyone.

Well Pat wouldn’t hear of me getting on the road without a hearty breakfast.

Sausages – peameal bacon (my favourite !!) – fried potatoes – eggs benedict -  What a feast !

04

Pat goin’ 2-40 there at the stove – never missing a beat in the conversation around him.

05

That sure went down good.

07

Jamie, being a growin’ boy and all, got double helpings !

08

Nice that they put in an extra driveway just for me !!  LOL

06

And there’s the clan all waving good-bye, complete with the four dogs.  Tracy has little Chee-Chee in her arms.

09

It was so great seeing and spending time with Jamie & Mudder again.  Tracy and Pat – Thank You so much for your wonderful hospitality and welcoming me into your home.

Merrily on my way I went – following the 400 South to the 401 West to ----- THE TORONTO FRIKKIN’ AIRPORT !! WTF !!!

10

Somehow I made a wrong turn or missed a turn or something !  Next thing I know I see signs for the various Terminals located there.  For those of you that don’t know the Toronto Airport – it is HUGE !!  And has three separate terminals for the various Airlines.

I took Terminal 3 as that’s the one I was most familiar with.  The consoling factor in this was that I had been there hundreds of times in the past and knew that once I got out of this particular area I would see the 427 and then I’d know where I was again.  These terminals have a gazillion underpasses and overpasses – but another consoling factor was that I wouldn’t rip ‘da whole top of my rig off ‘cause all the big buses go through there.

Yes, I did eventually find my way out and got back on track as per my fancy GPS directions.

10 comments:

  1. I think we all would like to go to Duffy's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is..........YOU ARE FUNNY!! How in the H e c k did you windup in the airport??hrow out the GPS I say....LOL!!

    HarleyB

    ReplyDelete
  3. OLD SCHOOL.....YOU ARE NOT IN REAL TIME.....GET A 4.5 SCREEN GARMIN....LESS THAN 100.00 ON OLDER MODELS AT CTC.....GREAT FOR NORTH AMERICA....EASY TO USE.....GET TEARS ON THAT PAPER GPS AND IT GOES ALL BLURRY...

    HAPPY YOU DID NOT DAMAGE THAT RIG AND FOUND YOUR WAY OUT SAFE AND SOUND

    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turns out it was a darn good thing you had hearty sustenance for breakfast! Lordy, I would have had to . . . um . . . change certain pieces of clothing if I ended up driving our rig into an airport! You do rock for gettin' in and out! Gives me cold sweats just to think about doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S.: Bet there were some people wondering who the celeb was that was being picked up in a fancy Class A. :) This is one of the best RV stories I've heard in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you had been trying to get to the airport---you would have missed it !!!!!!

    Leave it to you---at least you knew where you were once you got to the airport!!!!!

    I shudder everytime I go in & out of there & never can figure out how my sister gets in & out to pick me up or drop me off !!!!

    You sure got a hearty meal---to send you on your way---that RV Park was just the best spot ---for food & friends. Lucky you.

    Take care, Lynn. Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been there, done that. Toronto Airport! Horror for any driver. I'd never dare to take the Motor Home through ANY bigger airport. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only airport I ever did was Halifax.
    Toronto? Maybe only if I were passing through. At least you didn't have anyone to fetch. That would have complicated things.
    Happy Motoring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFL! Your story made my day!

    ReplyDelete