Saturday, May 5, 2012

JUST GOIN’ WITH ‘DA FLOW

I took an extra day at  THE HITCH HOUSE to get myself organized and everything put away and to deal with the MOUNDS of laundry !!  Sheets, quilts etc. plus all the regular laundry.
01
I was going to leave Bennie behind in the rig but as I was putting the laundry in the car he jumped in and wasn’t about to get out.  Nice that this was a doggy friendly Laundromat and he was allowed inside.
02
He proceeded to get all tangled up going around the tables and chairs.
03
I had my FANCY GPS all prepared for my Hamilton destination – where I was originally going two weeks ago – but instead decided to head to Barrie, Ontario to get the rig repaired.
But as most RV’ers know – plans are made in jello – ‘cause I get an e-mail from Jamie saying they were in Alliston, Ontario.  Don’t know who Jamie is ?  Well click HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE etc. etc. etc.
I met Jamie and his Mother (who I immediately nicknamed Mudder) last Winter while in Arizona.  They are from Cranbrook, British Columbia but had flown to Alliston to see Jamie’s Sister/Mudder’s Daughter (Tracy) and her Family.
Alliston is only about 50KM/31MILES from where I was and going in the same directions I would have been going anyways.  Jamie suggested stopping by for a visit as we were so close and to overnight at his Sister’s as there was plenty of space.  Wait until the next post to see exactly how much space Tracy has !!
We arrived around mid afternoon but nobody was home yet so Bennie immediately got to know the neighbour’s dogs….
04
05
06
07
Jamie & Mudder arrive home and all the Duffy clan – which includes, but not limited to, FOUR dogs !!
08
09
10
Thankfully they all got along very well.  I think Bennie was a bit overwhelmed at times ‘cause being the new kid on the block the four dogs wanted to check him out.
Tracy and her husband Pat are also Harley riders and Jamie was very anxious for me to see their “HD Lounge”.
I think this flooring would look great in my toy hauler/garage !!
11
Tracy rides this beautiful Softail Deluxe…
12
HARLEY HARLEY EVERYWHERE !
13
They even painted a stripe around the walls with the Harley Black and Orange colours.
14
15
And her husband Pat rides the awesome Road King – that once belonged to Mudder’s late Husband Gord.  This bike is very treasured for that reason.
16
Yes, They converted their entire two-car (or is it four-car ?) garage to a HD Lounge where we partied at that night – but that’s for another post.

3 comments:

  1. Finally it dawned to me why my friends Betty and Ron love ORANGE. They are Harley Fans.
    Took a while for me to get it. The age, I guess.:)))
    Cute, all these little dogs. And isn't it true. If there is a chair or a table, be sure a dog gets tangle up. I think they do it on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. We all know who Jamie is. He's the one you left our group to join!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool garage, I'm glad you went to meet them. You were due for a little fun! :)

    ReplyDelete