Saturday, May 19, 2012

IKEA AND VISITORS

Is IKEA in the States or is it just a Canadian Company ??  I know we don’t have a location in NL and it’s been years since I’ve been there.  Love the store.

01

02

All throughout the ‘showroom’ – which consists of two entire huge floors of space – are ‘rooms’ displayed….

03

Check out this ultra space saving table and four chairs.

04

There are countless rooms set up like this.  You decide what you want, write down the Product Number and then go to the Warehouse Section and get your stuff.  Everything can be taken home that day in boxes and you assemble it at home.

05

06

The day after I arrived here – which has been over a week already ! – my Friend Linda came out from Toronto to visit and brought her Friend, Judian, who lives just in Hamilton – which is only about 20 minutes from the Campground.

01

I was just getting set-up.

02

Linda took pictures of everything !!  Many of you have seen pics of the inside of my rig before – but for those who haven’t I’ve decided to put Linda’s pics in this Post.

GARAGE

03

KITCHEN

04

GOING TOWARDS THE BEDROOM

05

MAIN LIVING AREA

06

Linda was quite curious about seeing how I get the bike out…

07

WHEW !! Another successful landing.

08

Then of course everyone INSISTS on getting their pic taken on the Harley !!  LOL

09

10

11

Judian invited us back to her place in Hamilton for dinner.  Thanks Judian !!

Bennie meets Judian’s cat…

12

Neither were fazed……

13

A picture I found on the Internet that I hope brings a smile to your face…

WRONG BED

WRONG BED

12 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, we do have IKEA here in the States. Nice photos. You have great living space.

    http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, IKEA is in the US and I love it. Haven't been in one since I left Long Island quite a few years ago.

    LOVE the pictures of your rig, don't think I've seen any since you traded up (didn't you have a Class C and trailer or am I thinking about someone else). Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice unloading proceedure, you've got that down to a science! :c)

    IKEA is pretty much an international company, I've seen one in Moscow, Russia, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv the "wrong bed" pic :)
    What keeps your ramp extension from seperating away from the main ramp when you hit it?
    Looks like you're having nice weather up there in the frozen north lands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. IKEA is Swedish, with lots of stores here in the US. Mostly in big cities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been in an IKEA, but my plan is that when I come off the road, I'll visit IKEA to furnish my new place.

    LOVE the photo of the dogs in their "wrong" beds. Laugh out loud photo, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the Duck had it figured. Yes, IKEA (pronounced 'EEkayuh' here in Europe) is indeed a Swedish company. They even had some of their furniture on display over at one of the furniture museums a while back. Just down the street here. Like I want to see it in a museum! *snort*!
    We have two in Vienna. One north, one south. They're everywhere. Like a virus.
    But sometimes a necessary evil if you need cheap and easy to transport furniture that you can then foist off on your children. Poor unsuspecting kids. A shame really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We also love IKEA, and we been shopping there since Oslo,Norway. We still have furniture from them, in fact as I am writing this I am in my "Poäng" recliner. We also have book cases from them. I even purchased a full kitchen once for a customer of mine. They have great stuff indeed. They serve pretty good and cheap food too. Every store also has a cafeteria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dog pictures!! Absolutely darling.

    Ikea is here. We made a stop there a couple days ago and will be going back to look for other things in the next couple days. They have very unique things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty rig and bike you have, some day, when I have a lot of time, I'm going to go drool (I mean shop;) at an IKEA, they have the neatest small space stuff:). (Visiting from the Dixons)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Ikea ! We took all the furniture out of out motorhome..replaced it with Ikea stuff. 2 of the Poang chairs which are so comfortable. Next best thing to a recliner. They are actually one of the pieces that made them famous. The best twin sz. bed that folds up into a chair..I go right by the Hamilton store on my way to visit Mom in New York.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello to every boԁу, it's my first visit of this website; this web site includes awesome and really excellent material in support of readers.

    My web blog - Hotel Price Assessment Versus Standard Take a trip Research Internet sites

    ReplyDelete