Sunday, April 8, 2012

VISITING ANNETTE

On Saturday I called the HD in Chattanooga to see if they could do the (desperately overdue) oil change on my bike.  They said sure, bring it in.  I contacted Annette to see if she wanted to join me.  Of Course !!

I was also desperate to get some laundry done and Annette had offered to take it the other day and do it for me.  I (stupidly) declined !!  So I just put one load together and strapped that on the bike and off we went to meet Annette at her place.  She got the laundry going in no time.

Annette and Ron have a beautiful home.  That’s their 5th Wheel in the driveway – it’s a Toy Hauler also and can hold both her Trike and Ron’s Road King.

01

From her screened in back porch… I forget how many acres she said she has !!

02

Then off to get my oil changed….

03

04

05

Wouldn’t want their Electric Bill !!

06

SPIN THE WHEEL – you might win a prize !!  Like $200 worth of FREE CHROME – -- when you buy a bike !!

07

Annette INSISTED we get a pic with the Easter Bunny – I could have passed on that !!  LOL  Jeeze, I bet she even likes Christmas !!  Ba Humbug !!

08

But (reluctantly – ‘cause I NEVER win anything) I did spin the wheel and I won a FREE T-Shirt – well, it was buy one, get one free.  And as I already had one put aside to buy – well then I got two for the price of one.

FRONT…

09

BACK…

10

FRONT…

11

BACK…

12

After we finished there we went back to get Ron and head out for a bit to eat – who, BTW was puppy sitting again.  He insisted I leave Bennie there with him while we went to the Dealer.  Bennie was obviously NOT missing me ‘cause Ron said he was up on the Couch sleeping in no time.

Once again they took me on an amazing, scenic route to this restaurant that had all HOME STYLE cooking.  They even had turnip greens !!  I didn’t think turnip greens existed outside of Newfoundland !!  The food was so good that it even rivalled “Alice’s” (my Mother) cooking.  And THAT Folks is about the highest compliment one could get.  The homemade biscuits were to die for !

Finally got back to retrieve my laundry and my boy – but it was touch and go there for awhile.  I didn’t think Ron was going to let Bennie come home with me.  And Annette immediately hauled my laundry out of the dryer and started to fold it !!  I said “Throw it in the bag, I’ll fold it later”.

Annette putting her Trike into their garage….

14

It’s a tight fit….

15

But she’s a PRO and takes her time – with Ron looking carefully on….

16

THANKS Annette and Ron for making my brief stop here so amazing.  You give the absolute true meaning to “Southern Hospitality” !!  Sure hope to see you on the road again in the future.

Despite the fact that I didn’t go on a ‘ride’ per say, I still managed to put about 96Miles/154KMS on.

1 comment:

  1. OK, first of all, you HAVE to get your picture taken with the Easter Bunny! I mean, c'mon! Especially one as goofy looking as that one. Then you'll know EXACTLY when you were there for a visit! See? Entertainment value AND a good marker on the calendar.
    I'm guessing the doorway the trike fits into is a side door? Does she then drive out the front? Just seems to be a unique arrangement.
    I'm only being nosey of course.

    ReplyDelete