Sunday, April 8, 2012

MORE – BEFORE THE DRAGON

A few short videos (about 6 seconds each) to give you an idea of the area we are riding through.

I think this one is going North on 411 to get to THE DRAGON…

We are riding and riding and riding – and through some beautiful areas – with lots of twists and curves in the road – I thought we were riding through the infamous “Dragon” when Ron pulls into a HD parking lot.

NOPE, We still haven’t reached it.  Ron said it begins a couple of miles up the road.

So another stop – before The Dragon – was, of course, another Harley Davidson Outpost store.

13

10

11

Annette and I…..

14

Annette and Ron….

15

A beautiful Lake directly across the road…

16

And YES, more damage was done to my Credit Card !!!  Being a bit presumptuous here with buying this T-Shirt as I had NOT ridden  the Dragon yet…

01

02

03

04

05

This is not a HD guy – just an independent selling every type of ‘Dragon’ patch imaginable and would sew it on for you right there .

09

So we leave there and now to take on that DRAGON !!!

7 comments:

  1. I have heard of The Dragon, so I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience and seeing photos. Don't forget the photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sassy, I expect your usual photocommentary about the Dragon:

    I was SO scared here! [click, click]

    Things got really bad here!! [click, click, click, macro shot of pavement, click]

    I thought I was a GONER! I started losing control here. [click]

    Clicks, or it don't exist. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's with the 'clicks' ? They didn't come up with anything I could click on ??

      Delete
  3. So, now we know what the Dragon is. Weather and location looks beautiful. Enjoy your rides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful is all I can say. I trip over my own two feet so I wouldn't have the guts to get on a motorcycle! Have a great time "slaying the dragon". Can't wait for more video.

    There's a road in Georgia--don't know if you've been on it. It would help if I could tell you the name of it, but it is hilly and very curvy and as soon as spring hits, crawling with motorcycles. It may very well be the "Georgia Dragon". Maybe I can find out and you can look into it on your way back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a Porsche 911 when I was a kid. It loved running the stretch of 129 thru the mountains. That was long before the motorcyclists discovered it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I was referring to your action photography when things get hairy.

    ReplyDelete