Monday, April 23, 2012

HALF RAIN --- HALF SNOW

Yup, That’s the kinda day it is here – and COLD – and WINDY.  The snow is melting before it hits the ground but UGH all the same.

Current temperature is 2C/35.6F but the online forecast says it feels more like –2C/26.6F.

And tomorrow we have the same type of weather to look forward to.  Wednesday it’s supposed to smarten up and we should at least see some sunshine. Gonna be two very long days !!

Now having given all that gloom and doom regarding the weather, I sure wouldn’t want to be in Arizona at this time of year.  They are experiencing 100+F temps.  I’d just melt into a puddle !

This morning I got kicked out of my home – yes, the repairs have started.  They are letting me stay in an older coach while the repairs are being done.  I miss my Canyon Star already !!  LOL

This is THE COACH I'LL BE LIVING IN for the next two weeks.  If you’re so inclined to check out the link, let me tell you that the pictures make it look better than it is.

If you are not inclined to check out the link, it is a 1990 Mallard (never heard of that one before) complete with BLUE carpeting and BLUE chairs etc.  It has been sitting all Winter and it took some time to get everything working, not the least of which was the engine battery which was dead. And there is quite a musty old smell – obviously ‘cause it’s been sitting for so long.

Don’t get me wrong here Folks – I am VERY, VERY grateful.  Jenn, the Body Shop Manager, has gone out of her way to accommodate me in every way from the day I first arrived here.  Other staff members that I’ve spoken to are so polite and friendly and also go out of their way.  The Folks at the THE HITCH HOUSE certainly know the true meaning of Customer Service.

I’ve had to run back and forth several times already today to get various things out of my rig.  They wasted no time in starting the work.  ALL the compartment doors on the passenger side got damaged – some to a greater degree than others.

01

02

03

The last two compartment doors got the worst of it (see where the plastic is) but thankfully the ‘frame’ was ok.  Therefore they had to just order new ‘skins’ and they should be in by tomorrow.

There were some fine cracks on the back of the coach that must have happened due to the impact.  The drying process will take some time I expect.

04

I think it must be the painting part that’s going to take so long – they are telling me the work will likely take two weeks.

As you can see, most of the repair part is already done.  The doors consist of three colours – light grey; dark grey and red.

That’s it for my update today Folks.

22 comments:

  1. And I complain about the 60 degree and rainy weather we are having here. I'll take what I have.
    Your in a duck!! Hopefully you'll swimmingly(I couldn't resist) get through this fast. How does little Bennie like the duck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, It continues to amaze me how adaptable my little guy is. Don't matter where he is - he settles in quite well - as long as I'm there.

      Delete
  2. yo, thought you were going to live at a friends house during the repairs. two weeks will go faster than you think. we are off to the wild country on Friday. woo hoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That arrangement didn't work out. It's also better that I am here onsite anyway.

      Delete
  3. Oh my.
    And here I thought the pictures usually didn't do a place justice. Like, it should look better in person?
    So much for that flawed thinking.
    Meh, better than being stuck in a hotel I suppose? It's close by...
    It's....hell I don't know. I got nothin' else.
    That doesn't really help much, does it?

    Sleep tight.
    Don't let the bed bugs bite.
    Oh wait...don't think that...

    *thinks*

    See? There you go. The HOTEL could very well have bed bugs. Now aren't you lucky? Too cold in that old motorhome for any bedbugs to survive.
    *phew*
    That was a good save, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, You are BAD !! LOL That's all I thought of last night when I went to bed !!

      Delete
  4. Hey D......I had that model for 4 years only mine was brown......and was also dated even though I completely redid the interior curtins/blinds etc....this will only make you appreciate what you have more.....ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, Oh YES I sure will appreciate my rig when I finally get it back.

      Delete
  5. We had a Mallard bumper pull travel trailer by Fleetwood and a much younger one than that coach. Well, at least you have accommodations! Being on site with your rig while it is being mended is a great thing. Know what you mean about the weather; we have had rain and now we may have snow mixed with it tonight. Ack! In April! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, I hope the repairs go well and you are "on your way" soon. I found your site via the "blogging universe," (either Good Luck Duck and/or Bayfield Bunch).

    I'm retiring (but not with such a splendid coach) on July 1st. Safe travels...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll love your own all that much more in two weeks. Think Fabreeze, it helps with all kinds of smells.

    http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't think even Feebreze (sp?) will help in this case. LOL

      Delete
  8. You can't have everything!! You still want the warm weather of Arizona but you want it in Canada in April??? Hope the repairs don't cost you much and they are done perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But why can't I have everything !!?? hehehe

      Delete
  9. I'm in the minority, but I think the Mallard looks really nice. I'm not a big fan of blue, and would definitely do the Fabreeze that longdog2 suggested, but... it's roomy and looks comfortable and clean. You're never going to get a loaner as nice as your motor home, that's for sure. I was expecting a small RV like some of the ones I saw when I was looking: dirty, smelled like poop, you know the ones I'm talking about. :(

    Anyway, I'm glad the repairs have started. Before you know it, this will all be a distant memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I'm already looking forward to that 'distant memory'. haha

      Delete
  10. Those repairs won't take 2 weeks if there's no structual damage! How long does it take to sand, paint and stuff...you'll be on the road no later than early next week, 1 week in the garage!!
    HB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Byron, Ya that's what I'm thinking based on the progress they have already made.

      Delete
  11. Denise, are you a member in some bike club?
    We look forward tos eeing you here on Campobello. The island is just getting ready for the warm season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, I did join two locals motorcycle groups in NL.

      Delete
  12. Oh, my! It is blue! But at least they are letting you stay in it. Just hope you don't have blue nightmares.

    ReplyDelete