Thursday, April 5, 2012

CHEROHALA SKYWAY

NOTE : THIS WAS YESTERDAY'S BLOG POST....

First thing this morning I receive an e-mail from Annette saying there would be no riding today as the forecast was calling for THUNDERSTORMS. Actually that was fine with me ‘cause the HEAT & HUMIDITY of yesterday really wore me out and I didn’t sleep all that well.

A little later in the morning my cell phone rings and it’s Annette saying it was completely clear her way – as it was my way – AND I was a little more awake than when I read the e-mail earlier so a plan was made to GO.

I ‘heard’ Annette arriving before I saw her. Can’t mistake the sound of those pipes…..NOT those loud obnoxious ones – just that nice rumble.

01

AND WE’RE OFF !!

02

Not sure exactly where we went but I did see Highway 64 and then I saw Highway 68 North and saw small Towns called Duckworth, Turtletown, Tellico Plains etc. The roads through this forested area were very, VERY curvy and just made for motorcycle riding !

We had been riding for perhaps an hour or more when suddenly she pulls into a Harley Davidson Store. HUH ? We’re out in the middle of nowhere. This is a small ‘Outpost” store and owned by the same person who owns the Maryville, TN location (plus several others). Very smart business sense for sure as this is a very popular motorcycle riding route.

03

04

Naturally I buy more stickers !!

13

14

I put one of the ‘bling’ ones immediately on my helmet. Don't know yet where the other one is going.

17

And the obligatory T-Shirt….. (BACK)

15

(FRONT)

16

What a beautiful area this is.

05

Surrounding area….

06

07

They have a picture on the wall of their Maryville, TN location.

08

Lovely front porch area complete with rocking chairs for the weary rider to relax a spell.

09

And about a minute up the road a great place to pull in for food – one of the best hamburgers I’ve ever had !! YUM

10

It was another HOT day – even while riding – so the refreshing sounds of the river that was right next to our eating area was nice.

11

On our way home. Annette gave me a few choices of the route back – one of them being the ‘easy’ route – that’s the one I chose ‘cause I was quite tired at this point.

12

AWESOME – AWESOME riding day. THANKS ANNETTE !!! Bring Ron the next time.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you were able to get out for your ride. She sure has a nice looking trike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the nice lookin bike and I really like the LED rear lights, something I will get this summer for mine!! Looks like beautiful country for riding and glad yer havin' a great time!! Love the pix......

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely the Harley Gal! Every time we see a Harley sign now we think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, the well situated Harley outlet. They knew you were coming!
    Where does the wee doggie ride on these trips? That is him in the picture, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics looks like it might be somewhere I need to add to our "we gotta go there" list. Good to see Bennie enjoying the day too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am having fun following you! What an awesome day you've had. And well, I'm getting a tad jealous too ;-)

    ReplyDelete