Monday, April 16, 2012

BARRIE BOUND

I just chilled over the weekend between Walmart in St. Catharine’s, Ontario and Walmart, Stoney Creek, Ontario – Oh, That’s CANADA for my U.S. friends !!  LOL

Bennie was not a happy camper the other night and woke me up at 3:00AM and I didn’t get back to bed until 6:30AM.  Still don’t know what the problem was.  He wasn’t cold or afraid – just very unsettled.  And there’s no sleeping when my boy is feeling unsettled.  Dogs have such a keen sense of hearing so I’m figuring he was hearing something outside that he didn’t like.

I comforted him as best I could.

01

I didn’t want to settle in anywhere yet because I wanted to see if I can deal with the repairs to the rig after the INCIDENT damages.

I made some calls this morning and it was strongly recommended to me to bring the rig to a large Dealership in Barrie, Ontario as they are a Newmar dealer as well as having an onsite Body Shop.

So despite the fact that I had no desire to get back on any Highways for awhile, behind the wheel I got, and fought the Traffic on the QEW; 427; 401 and 400.  All MAJOR Highways in the area.  It didn’t help that it was VERY windy today with the winds up to 60 KPH / 37 MPH.

02

It was a challenging drive weaving and merging and exiting etc. through these various Highways.

03

04

05

Took me two hours to get here and while one of the staff was petting Bennie she mentioned this ‘growth’ he has.

A TICK !!!!  UGH

06 - Copy

Dealt with that little sucker very quickly.  No idea where he picked it up but it had to have been either here or before we got going today.

I’ll know tomorrow re costs for the repairs and more importantly how long it’s going to take.  They estimated today that it would be two weeks – which I will not be able to ‘live’ in the rig during that time.

Always something to deal with huh.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I dunno. That was two nights ago and the tick was today ??

      Delete
  2. That tick is big! Must have been sucking on poor Bennie for a while. Just think if you haven't gone to Barrie you may have not know about the tick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, It was a BIG one ! He's only gotten ticks once before and at that time he got 3 at once - we were in Georgia at the time.

      Delete
  3. TYR is right. It could have been the tick that was bothering Bennie. My friend's Australian Shepherd got lime disease in Tennessee last year. He has had lasting effects--goes lame every few months and has to be treated with antibiotics, I think.

    Ticks and Fleas are supposed to be abundant this year because of the warm weather.

    I have used Frontline Plus for 15 years on my labs, and they've been in the deepest of woods and I've never seen a tick or a flea. And, neither of my pups ever had a side affect. They dose them by poundage. I highly recommend this product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use "REVOLUTION" once a month application. I also have a tick collar which I'll be putting on him.

      Delete
  4. TYR is right. It could have been the tick that was bothering Bennie. My friend's Australian Shepherd got lime disease in Tennessee last year. He has had lasting effects--goes lame every few months and has to be treated with antibiotics, I think.

    Ticks and Fleas are supposed to be abundant this year because of the warm weather.

    I have used Frontline Plus for 15 years on my labs, and they've been in the deepest of woods and I've never seen a tick or a flea. And, neither of my pups ever had a side affect. They dose them by poundage. I highly recommend this product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That big tick would have irritated any dog!
    Molly is very happy with a flee and tick collar. We saw one tick while driving through the US, it never got to suck. The stuff in the collar paralyses they mouth parts. I just picked it out of her fur. Luckily on the island it seems not to be a problem.
    Hope you find a solution for your repair time living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bea, I don't have any problem with a place to stay while the repairs are being done. I've already had two offers from friends. It's just that I do not like being away from my 'own home'. But I guess I won't have any choice.

      Delete
  6. OMG - I HATE having to look at those ticks! I've been lazy this month and put off applying the tick/flea meds to Katie's neck, and I'll tell you, one look at that tick and I got up and did it. I've lived in the country and had dogs that have gotten ticks, and I've always hated removing them.

    Poor little Bennie - I'm glad you got rid of it fast! He should be feeling better.

    Hope the rig repairs aren't too much trouble. Why do you have to move out for the repair time? They won't be working on the inside, will they? That doesn't seem reasonable. If you were having work done to the outside of a regular house, they wouldn't need you to move out. I would question that, unless your insurance pays for a motel for you and Bennie and all your meals out. I've always stayed in my rig when I had repairs or installs done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, Glad you got motivated to apply the stuff to little Katie.

    The reason I have to 'move out' is because of the painting and the fact that the rig will be 'inside' their facilities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Duchess has had her nights too. Most times she's quiet all night but other times we hardly get any sleep. Usually it's something outside that she hears that we don't. If it's not the tick with Bennie, maybe there's a cat or squirrel under the RV. Lots of luck with the reapairs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one really ugly tick. He definitely has to feel better now. Just driving through all those roads made my heart beat faster. Maybe if you think of it as being on vacation for two weeks - you know, away from home. Nope - that wouldn't do it for me either. I hate to give up my home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you were very careful how you got that tick off. Not with your bare hands! A drop of oil will make him turn loose! Sure don't want to leave his head in there. Ticks are a problem when we have a lot of wet weather here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Bennie. That looks like it's been there for a while. Good luck with your repairs and staying out of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yuck on the ticks. Poor Bennie. Hope the repairs go well. I hated having to move out of my rig the two times I had to do that recently! You have to remember what has to come out. In my case, the fridge/freezer had to be emptied as they needed to have the propane turned off & no shore power.

    ReplyDelete