Sunday, March 18, 2012

TIME TO MOVE ON

I sure have had a relaxing week here at SPRING CREEK PARK.  You can read more about this place HERE and HERE

WAS IT SOMETHING I SAID ????

01

Yesterday when I woke up and opened my blinds I saw that EVERYBODY HAD GONE !!

02

Well almost everybody – the only one left was the coach right next to me who has had his A/C on 24/7 since they pulled in here – which was the day after I did.  I would have to put my chairs on the opposite side of my Coach to drown out the constant drone of the noise !

Spent yesterday just vegging again.  Bennie really does like the “Patio”.

03

If only he could figure out a way to jump off it !!!  I had to raise it a bit higher so he couldn’t.

04

Finally as a last resort he settles in knowing it’s too high for him to jump of.

05

“Look at me Mom !!  See how good I’m being !!”

06

I wasn’t going to leave this Park until tomorrow or even Tuesday.  But when I got up this morning I decided to get on the road.  I simply couldn’t stand to listen to that bloody A/C drone all day again.  Jeeze,  When oh when did I become so noise sensitive ??

But these people were odd I thought.  They had no windows open nor curtains and never came outside.  He would come outside once a day to walk the dog and that’s it.

I had to do the tanks, get the bike in the garage etc. etc. so it wasn’t until 1:30PM before I even hit the road.

Welcome back to reality and TRAFFIC….

01

I am sooooo glad I got that bed for Bennie.  As soon as I start the engine he settles in right away.  He used to always want to be on my lap.

02

I check my very sophisticated GPS on occasion to ensure I don’t miss any Exits….

03

And YES I DO  pass by the occasional Harley Davidson without stopping in.  Well in this case my EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT refused to put the Dealers on my FANCY MAP for todays’ trip and by the time I saw it, well it was too late.

04

Settled in at Wally’s in Sulphur, LA for tonight where it is a delicious 76F/24C at 6:30PM and a very refreshing breeze blowing in through the windows.

13 comments:

  1. Harley Dealers NOT shown on your FANCY MAPS before never stopped you from making a U-turn and going to dealership anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw a Harley dealer in St. George and immediately thought of you. If you were here, I'm sure you stopped. If not, you need to put it on your list for sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - you DO have a GPS, right? That's so funny, taping the sheet to your wheel.

    People who don't spend any time in the desert boondocking (and I don't mean January in Quartzsite) just don't realize how peaceful, quiet and private RVing can be. It's a real adjustment moving back to RV parks. Kind of like selling your house with a large yard and moving into an apartment full of families. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know where your going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, Actually NO, I do NOT have a GPS !!! Had one for the first month on the road and it died. Never replaced it.

    Harriet, I have to eventually end up in St. John's, Newfoundland. I plan on being on the road for another two days and then I'll find another spot to rest for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tape directions to my steering wheel, also. I have a GPS but sometimes I don't like the route it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tape directions to my steering wheel, also. I have a GPS but sometimes I don't like the route it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness we have wheels. (Some of us aren't sure why we have them) but eventually ours will roll again. How's your wrist? Did you restring your blind yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty sure the "Executive Assistant" needs a bit of a talking to. To think you'd actually miss a Harley Dealer? The Horror!
    I like the "pet containment area". That's pretty handy. No setting up any wire cages or anything.
    Enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In spite of the A/C users, this looks like a great place w/o even considering the price. I have a friend in the Spring area so this would make a great stopping place. Maybe the folks in the A/C unit were sick if they never came out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Longdog2, It truly is a gorgeous place. Try to get Site 6 - 8 is you go there. Much more space in between.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have honest-to-Pete kinfolk in Sulphur. First cousins, first cousins once-removed, second cousins, second cousins once-removed. If you see folks who look vaguely familiar, but they seem sanctimonious, you've found them.

    It's all the boondocking - you'll never be the same. Someone pulled in about 600 yards from us and we got indignant about it. Then, last evening, we hear a tiny hmmmmmm and realized it was their generator. WHAT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use a sophisticated GPS unit very much like yours but it is on 3x5 cards that sit in the cup holder.

    Unlike you I must do my own research, no Executive Assistant, but don't bother generating any Fancy Maps just the 3x5 cards.

    ReplyDelete